THANK YOU!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

wally wingert

THANK YOU!

Post by wally wingert »

Since there are several threads here about ROTCC, I wanted to start one single thread to just say a huge Bat THANK YOU to everyone who has left such nice comments about the movie. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and I assure you everyone worked very hard on it, from the writers, to the Voice Director, to the artists and storyboard guys, to the voice actors.

Thanks again!

Wally
Jim Akin

Re: THANK YOU!

Post by Jim Akin »

Huzzah! Huzzah! Great work by all, Wally!
BilltheBat

Post by BilltheBat »

Just saw it last night with Mark Racop and his crew. Bravo, Wally! I enjoyed the heck out of it, and your Riddler was spot on!
Now I have to build a flying Bat-Rocket out of Estes parts...searching for those model sheets... Googling...Googling...
(looking forward to William Shatner as Two Face)
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Well done, Wally, and the rest of the cast and crew. You did a phenomenal job.
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

Great job Wally!!!!
Bat Username

Post by Bat Username »

I feel like this should be the other way around, with fans thanking the cast and crew. (Which I guess it now is!)

The passion and energy that was put into the film definitely comes across onscreen. I'm still buzzing from it a day later and can't wait to see what wonderfully crazy direction(s) the next installment goes in.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

One of my boys said "I thought he was dead.", referring to Riddler.
I told him " That's the same guy from the video game" (Arkham Knight)
His only reply was " Wow, he'said awesome."
Great job Wally
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Wally,

It was wonderful and I'm looking forward to owning it. Thank you and everyone for expressing their passion with hard work. You richly deserve all of its rewards.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

WALLY your RIDDLER did quite often sound and remind me of the late great FRANK GORSHIN. including his maniacal laugh,,, .you even used a lot of his lines that were said in the 60s....loved it....also thought the JOKER laugh was done very well,,,,great job..hope to see more movies down the road..
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Wally, you and your colleagues did a marvelous job with that film. It was worth driving four hours to sit in a theater with only nine other people to see it. Really. I've been complaining about how dark and depressing today's tv is. Now, ROTCC had me smiling for hours. Don't know if any of the non sixties Batman will get all the in-jokes, but they were great.

You've got to. You've just go to do several more of these. The sixties Batman series never did a Christmas episode, that could be an idea for an episode if a series is green lighted.
Thank you Wally

Three
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Wally, speaking as someone who owns a copy of your Batman Theme collection on cassette with you singing various pop tunes to the Batboys version of the theme song, how could I not like what you've done? BTW, the Elvis tune fit perfectly with the Batboys!
Music. BAT! Music.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Thanks A. Pennyworth...I just may frame that!
danbar

Post by danbar »

Great job, Wally! We really enjoyed it. Looking forward to own the Blu-ray.
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

I enjoyed the film very much. This was a great 50th anniversary gift to all the fans; whether WB intended it that way or not.

Wally, you were superb as the Riddler. You nailed Frank Gorshin's voice perfectly. It was fun in the post-film clip on how you were able to just do the Riddler voice spontaneously. I have heard that William Shatner is going to voice Two-Face in the next film. I hope you get to voice the Riddler again in another film.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament