THANK YOU!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

TheBlueHombre

Re: THANK YOU!

Post by TheBlueHombre »

Wally,

I was wondering if you recorded your lines with the other cast members like Adam, Burt and Julie or were they recorded singly. In other words, how fun was it acting with these legends?
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
wally wingert

Re: THANK YOU!

Post by wally wingert »

Hi! TBH...

Most animated features (and all videogames) I've worked on have been recorded in individual sessions with the actors. An ensemble recording session is fine for an 11 minute TV cartoon, but when you're dealing with the extraordinary amount of content inherent in a feature, it's nearly impossible to record it in an ensemble setting and get anything done.

I've worked on a few shows for several seasons before I'd even met the actors they had me pitted against on-screen. And in some cases, I never did meet them.

Though it would have been fun to be there in a group, it was more expedient to do it in solo sessions.

That's why it's incumbent upon the Voice Director to "put the puzzle together" with their overall vision of how the final product will sound. And Wes Gleason is one of the best in the business. He brought it all together beautifully!

wally