Giant lucite map of Gotham City

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dreddbatfan

Giant lucite map of Gotham City

Post by dreddbatfan »

My big upgrade of the Lego Classic 1966 Batcave set is moving right along.I've added some extra pieces that were in the classic batcave made out of Legos and I'm adding lights to the set.I've just finished making the Giant Lucite Map of Gotham City out of Legos and I plan on lighting it.My question is from the picture that I've seen I can't tell if it's lighted from the top,bottom and/or all 4 sides.If anybody can tell me which it is I'd be gratefull.I'm attaching a picture that I'm going off of and I can't tell from it.Thanks to anybody who can help me and I'll be posting progress pictures very soon.

Danny Redd
(dreddbatfan)
tumblr_nyyt9yXxvm1ultu3qo1_1280.png
A. Pennyworth

Re: Giant lucite map of Gotham City

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Sorry these are old and not up to date Blu-ray captures, but looks to be lit from all sides unless the light travels thru the Lucite and shines out the side edges??
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

To me it appears to be lit from three sides.
STP Swallowthispill

Post by STP Swallowthispill »

It looks like to me that there is a fluorescent light fixture at the top angled toward the Lucite and also one at the bottom this is evident by the black power wires in the upper right side and lower right and left sides.
My guess is the wire on the lower left is the power wire that connects the lower light and continues through and up the right side to the upper light. The bulb at the top looks to be blue the one at the bottom magenta in color.

Just my observations.

Charles
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Was the map on wheels?Because from the picture that I showed it looks like iy was sitting on the Batcave floor or maybe it was both.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Can't ID your initial post's photo's episode, but the map was on wheels at one time.