Ideas for new Batman 66 AN episodes?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jthree

Ideas for new Batman 66 AN episodes?

Post by Jthree »

Guys,

If these animated movies continue on, I would love to see "episodes" on the following

** A Christmas episode. The sixties series never got around to having a seasonal tale. Every program back than did one.

** A "movie" featuring the four second tier villains like Egghead, King Tut, Shame, and Siren.

** A movie featuring Batgirl. Maybe Barbara warms to Dick a bit

** A film involving four Bat Villains that never got to be in the 60's series. These would be Poison Ivy, Clayface, Scarecrow, and a few others.

***Can they do an episode explaining how there came to be THREE Catwomen? Maybe Batman gets really delusional while chasing the Princess of Plunder?

***I'd like to see Dick get a romance going again? There's just something about that "Gosh,Gee! guy wearing his varsity sweater that is really popular with the young ladies. Maybe the return of Pussycat (hopefully not wearing the same outfit).

What things would you like to see in a future animated episode?

Three
The Boss

Re: Ideas for new Batman 66 AN episodes?

Post by The Boss »

Hopefully they continue to choose surviving actors from the 60's who could have conceivably played the part in the original series to voice the characters in the new movies (or new animated series).

Maybe they could play off the Legends of the Superheroes specials with a Legends of the Super Friends episode. This would give them a chance to do it right. Since WB owns the specials and all the characters both Superman and Wonder Women could be part of it. Not to mention that it would give Wally a chance to return as The Riddler.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I would like to see a Batman Animated Movie titled ''Danger In The Depths",based on the 1966 Batman Norman Saunders Topps Card Number 14a featuring The Sea Hag,a Scuba Diving Villainess.I would also like to see animated Batman 1966 Movies featuring Batman Villainesses Poison Ivy and The Siren.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Jthree wrote:Guys,

If these animated movies continue on, I would love to see "episodes" on the following

** A Christmas episode. The sixties series never got around to having a seasonal tale. Every program back than did one.
They did have Santa pop out of the window during a Batclimb.

Still I could see Mr. Freeze being the perfect villian for such a story.
** A "movie" featuring the four second tier villains like Egghead, King Tut, Shame, and Siren.
Only if Joan Collins reprises her role as the Siren.
No. The opposite. Dick warms up to Barbara but she has no interest because he is a total square and besides...Batgirl already has a crush on Robin... and the fact that they don't know each other's true identities prevents any relationship taking place even though we know everything and can see how close it came to happening if they only knew. Only Alfred knows the truth but he cannot say anything. Of course that would have to be the sub plot behind solving a crime.
** A film involving four Bat Villains that never got to be in the 60's series. These would be Poison Ivy, Clayface, Scarecrow, and a few others.
Too many never before featured stars. There wouldn't be time to develope their '66 personas if they all debuted in one film. One of the reasons why I would like to see a series. It would allow episodes to focus on one villian at a time so the villians can be fully developed and properly utilized.
***Can they do an episode explaining how there came to be THREE Catwomen? Maybe Batman gets really delusional while chasing the Princess of Plunder?
If you go there you then have to explain why their were two Riddlers and three Mr. Freezes. IMO the one joke in ROTCC was more than sufficiant and they should let it go.
***I'd like to see Dick get a romance going again? There's just something about that "Gosh,Gee! guy wearing his varsity sweater that is really popular with the young ladies. Maybe the return of Pussycat (hopefully not wearing the same outfit).
Seeing as how Dick had no establish romances there would be no need to bring anyone back for that. Besides, I thought you wanted him to warm up to Barbara Gorden.

Three[/quote]
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

The Boss wrote:Hopefully they continue to choose surviving actors from the 60's who could have conceivably played the part in the original series to voice the characters in the new movies (or new animated series).

Maybe they could play off the Legends of the Superheroes specials with a Legends of the Super Friends episode. This would give them a chance to do it right. Since WB owns the specials and all the characters both Superman and Wonder Women could be part of it. Not to mention that it would give Wally a chance to return as The Riddler.

Hmm, who else is still around? Lynda Carter could voice WW for sure. Ann-Margaret is a no brainer for Poison Ivy. Dick And Jerry Van Dyke come to mind. Perhaps as the Tweedles? Don Rickles? Bob Newhart?
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

I would love to see the fan fiction of myself and other writers here on the Bat Board brought to life on the screen.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I definitely agree.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

elmrgraham wrote:I would like to see a Batman Animated Movie titled ''Danger In The Depths",based on the 1966 Batman Norman Saunders Topps Card Number 14a featuring The Sea Hag,a Scuba Diving Villainess.I would also like to see animated Batman 1966 Movies featuring Batman Villainesses Poison Ivy and The Siren.
Forgive me here, but I have been on this board for about a year and a half and I seriously don't get the Sea Hag stuff. Sea Hag was Popeye, not Batman. Nobody associates that character with the Batman world!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I understand that,but there was,and still is,a 1966 Batman Topps Number14a "Danger In The Depths"by the late artist Norman Saunders.Batman and The Sea Hag are on the front of the card.I guess the Topps Company gave her that name.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think the fastest way to kill the series would be to go with anything even close to the Legends of the Superheroes special.

I don't have the affinity for Sea Hag or the fifth tier villains that a lot of you have, but I just want something that's well written, with character development, some of the spirit of season one and a better emphasis on musical cues that feel more like they fit the 60s and less canned. I really thought the music was the weakest part of ROTCC outside of the main theme song.

It would be great to see Batman take on the Hooded Hangman and The Spook from the comics, or something that puts him back towards his mystery roots.

Send Batman and Robin to Japan and have them face Lord Death Man from the works of Jiro Kuwata with Death Man voiced by George Takei!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent ideas.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Hmm, who else is still around? Lynda Carter could voice WW for sure. Ann-Margaret is a no brainer for Poison Ivy. Dick And Jerry Van Dyke come to mind. Perhaps as the Tweedles? Don Rickles? Bob Newhart?
Omg! Lynda Carter voicing Wonder Woman alongside Adam West's Batman would be like an out-of-body experience. It was an ultimate childhood dream for me to have West appear as Batman on the old Wonder Woman series. And George Takei, the most iconic voice aside from Morgan Freeman, James Earl Jones, Shatner or West himself, would be phenomenal as any villain. OH MY!

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree there too.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

The Boss wrote:
Jthree wrote:Guys,

Only if Joan Collins reprises her role as the Siren.

That's excellent.
No. The opposite. Dick warms up to Barbara but she has no interest because he is a total square and besides...Batgirl already has a crush on Robin... and the fact that they don't know each other's true identities prevents any relationship taking place even though we know everything and can see how close it came to happening if they only knew. Only Alfred knows the truth but he cannot say anything. Of course that would have to be the sub plot behind solving a crime.

Okay, that's a good idea. But I'd like to see Barbara still pining for Batman and the Boy Wonder struggling to get past that.
If you go there you then have to explain why their were two Riddlers and three Mr. Freezes. IMO the one joke in ROTCC was more than sufficiant and they should let it go.

But I want to see more of the other two Catwomen animated and perplexing our Caped crusader
Seeing as how Dick had no establish romances there would be no need to bring anyone back for that. Besides, I thought you wanted him to warm up to Barbara Gorden.

I'm flexible with the clean cut Dick Grayson having numerous romantic challenges.

--jthree
VintageMike

Post by VintageMike »

Since they are doing a comic a tie in where Batman meets Wonder Woman voiced by Lynda Carter would make sense as mentioned.
Because such a big draw of this is the voices varying on something mentioned bring back two of the more famous "second tier" villains" at a time and have the original actresses voicing the molls like Francine York as Lydia Limpet for Bookworm, Joan Staley or Dina Merrill with Shame, etc. I'd even like to see something with John Astin's Riddler or Lee Meriwether's Catwoman. Treasure who we still have around and use them. In that vein having Joan Collins back as the Siren as mentioned would be epic.
Finally, something with Batgirl! I've already stated previously I believe Melendy Britt would be an excellent choice having voiced her on the '77 cartoon with Adam & Burt. This is all about nostalgia, so I say anything that hits that note.