Zsa Zsa Gabor dead at 99

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Zsa Zsa Gabor dead at 99

Post by High C »

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/zsa-z ... 201945003/

Spent her last five years on life support, according to the story.

I didn't think Minerva was as bad a character as some people do. I'd rather have Zsa Zsa basically playing herself than Barbara Rush playing Snidely Whiplash in drag. Zsa Zsa also was the original choice for Marsha (not surprising, given all the 'darlings' in the script) and I think she would have been good in that.

RIP
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Ben Bentley

Re: Zsa Zsa Gabor dead at 99

Post by Ben Bentley »

Rest in Peace, Zsa Zsa.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

RIP Minerva.
dell

Post by dell »

The Minerva episode had a better story than the Joker episode where he tries to steal Bruce Wayne's intellect. The same kind of idea, but Minerva did it better.

RIP Zsa Zsa.
dell
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

RIP, Ms. Gabor

Who ELSE always got Zsa Zsa mixed up with her sister Eva as they grew up? Much of my youth was spent SWEARING Lisa Douglas was the bad guy on Batman! ;)
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Gernot wrote:RIP, Ms. Gabor

Who ELSE always got Zsa Zsa mixed up with her sister Eva as they grew up? Much of my youth was spent SWEARING Lisa Douglas was the bad guy on Batman! ;)

I like Zsa Zsa...she was great as Mrs. Douglas on "The Beverly Hillbillies"===well, not really Zsa Zsa, that was Eva...well no, it wasn't "The Beverly Hillbillies, it was "Green Acres." Although there WAS that one Christmas episode where they all appeared on "Petticoat Junction" with Bea Benadaret...WOW! Now I'm really confused...I'd better take my toaster in to Sam Drucker to get it to go from a five to a three. :lol:
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Gernot wrote:RIP, Ms. Gabor

I like Zsa Zsa...she was great as Mrs. Douglas on "The Beverly Hillbillies"===well, not really Zsa Zsa, that was Eva...well no, it wasn't "The Beverly Hillbillies, it was "Green Acres." Although there WAS that one Christmas episode where they all appeared on "Petticoat Junction" with Bea Benadaret...WOW! Now I'm really confused...I'd better take my toaster in to Sam Drucker to get it to go from a five to a three. :lol:
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

I was in the same boat. There's no doubt they were sisters.
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Zsa Zsa taps Sanders on the shoulder : Guess who ?

George Sanders : I've been counting down the yrs waiting for you up here and now you're finally here. You lived to be 99 , most impressive.

RIP.......
cammy85

Post by cammy85 »

dell wrote:The Minerva episode had a better story than the Joker episode where he tries to steal Bruce Wayne's intellect. The same kind of idea, but Minerva did it better.

RIP Zsa Zsa.
That was Egghead, not Joker.
dell

Post by dell »

cammy85 wrote:
dell wrote:The Minerva episode had a better story than the Joker episode where he tries to steal Bruce Wayne's intellect. The same kind of idea, but Minerva did it better.

RIP Zsa Zsa.
That was Egghead, not Joker.
You are right. Still a lousy episode in my opinion.
dell
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

"I don't pick up man. Man pick me up"....I still think that's one of the funniest lines ever said on the show. Batman's face when Minerva says that is hilarious.

R.I.P. Zsa Zsa.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Mr.Freeze wrote:Zsa Zsa taps Sanders on the shoulder : Guess who ?
One of the best in-jokes in the "Batman '66" comic series!

Minerva and Sandman cameos by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)