Adam West original artwork being shown and sold.

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

TP-6597

Adam West original artwork being shown and sold.

Post by TP-6597 »

http://www.gilmancontemporary.com/artists/adam-west/

Very interesting. Very much an Avante Garde take on the characters. Digging the Bat Dog piece.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
AndyFish

Re: Adam West original artwork being shown and sold.

Post by AndyFish »

I dig his stuff-- I had wanted to get to the Beverly Hills opening he had a couple of years ago, and came close to grabbing a piece through their website. This one doesn't publicly post the prices, always a frightening sign. Adam's sense of humor comes through these.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Ok, I'm going to show my ignorance here. Are these the actual works of art for sale or prints? Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area.
Music. BAT! Music.
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

John Mack wrote:Ok, I'm going to show my ignorance here. Are these the actual works of art for sale or prints? Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this area.
Hey John,

Looks like it is a combination of both. If you click on the piece for a larger view, it will tell you.
For example, the Bat Dog in the top row shows as "mixed media on paper 21 x 16.5 inches" - so that would be the original. The bottom row is "print 24 x 18 inches, signed editions of 100."
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Always cool to see Adam expressing himself. Likewise Andy, I wish had made it to the Beverly Hills opening back in 2013(?).
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks Jim. Not that I have the kind of cash needed to buy one of his works either way :lol: :lol:
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Neither the prints or the originals are cheap even by gallery standards. Add in Adam's fame and he can command these prices, but it puts most of us out of contention.