RIP Francine York

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Meule

Re: RIP Francine York

Post by Meule »

Oh, I'm so saddened to hear this... Couple of years I emailed for while with her partner and he commissioned me to make a Mego doll of Lydia Limpet for Francine. She signed a custom Mego box for me and even included a letter... she was such a lovely lady :cry:

"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Rest In Peace, Ms. York. May God welcome you into His Heavenly Kingdom...say hello to Yvonne and Roddy and all the others.
zippgun

Post by zippgun »

I actually saw "The Doll Squad" at the cinema on its original UK release.
Francine played Amos Burke's squeeze a number of times on "Burke's Law" - as did Nancy Kovack.

It seems Francine had cancer.

Probably my favourite moll from the show.
RIP - never to be forgotten.
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Just saw this over on MeTv's website. So sad that we're losing more folks from the series. I hope she knew that we fans appreciated her contribution to the series and that she brought lots of entertainment to us.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Mr Chronos wrote:8-) 8-) 8-)
On to her next voyage. She will be missed.
Beneath Wayne Manor
dell

Post by dell »

I appreciated that she was one of the few molls to actually participate in the crime. She captured Robin. She planted the book in the Batmobile, etc. Too many molls were just arm candy. I realize that the actress has no say in this as she does what it is in the script, but it adds depth to the story when they have members of the gang help the criminal in things other than just fighting Batman and Robin.
dell
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

You have to wonder what Ms. York is really thinking when she was doing those scenes above.

---jthree
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

1 yr already :(