Batman VS Twoface News?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Batman VS Twoface News?

Post by Scott Sebring »

ChAnOoD wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:30 am Here´s the trailer: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx5UCaNlkQI[/url
The trailer discussion is now going on over on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5768
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

From 13th Dimension...
The late Adam West leads the star-studded cast in his final performance as Batman. The beloved actor delivers an inspired turn opposite fellow pop culture icon William Shatner (Star Trek) as the criminally conflicted Harvey Dent/Two-Face. This is only the second production of any kind to feature the two titans of the fanboy realm together. West and Shatner first teamed in the 1963 “Alexander The Great” television series that never made it past the pilot.
The cast also boasts two more pop culture icons of the 1960s. Burt Ward is back for more “holy” fun as the Boy Wonder himself, Robin, and Tony Award winner Julie Newmar reprises her role as the fiendish feline, Catwoman.
The voice cast includes Jeff Bergman (Joker, Bookworm, Desmond Dumas), Sirena Irwin (Dr. Quinzel), Thomas Lennon (Chief O’Hara), Lee Meriwether (Lucilee Diamond), William Salyers (Penguin), Lynne Marie Stewart (Aunt Harriet), Jim Ward (Hugo Strange, Commissioner Gordon), Steven Weber (Alfred, Two-Face henchmen) and Wally Wingert (Riddler, King Tut).
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

I'm going to miss these animated Batman 66 films after this last release? I was so hoping for more, but now after Adam's passing, it doesn't seem right to keep going without him.

though it might be fun for Burt Ward to do some solo Boy Wonder animated shorts, would love to see his Robin meet Pussycat again? Or even grow into Nightwing.

---jthree
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Opens an interesting question; should these stop because Adam is no longer with us?
I don't see it as disrespectful to recast the role and would see it more an homage to Adam than a slight to him, but I wouldn't want to be the actor trying to take it on-- going to be hard to convince the faithful.

Regardless, I'd only want them to go on if the scripts are good.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

I've always considered the animated films one-off specials, so I was never expecting new "chapters" to be produced beyond a few, if the original was successful. Without one of the key players (Adam), it would not feel right, but like WB will do anything to milk whatever is left of the legacy and fanbase the '66 series.

Just imagine a Star Trek film or animated special where Shatner is backed by sound-alikes of Nimoy and Kelley. Such a project would seem desperate to just keep it going because of the almighty dollar.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Funny it didn't mention Lee Meriwether as a Cat-woman and/or pop icon. Which she is!
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Isn't that what the Star Trek reboot is? The actors playing Kirk and Spock sure seem to be trying to emulate Shatner and Nimoy.
As a Star Trek fan I sat through the first one but decided against coming back-- they just aren't Kirk and Spock to me and never will be.
I'd likely end up on the same path with Batman '66 although with animation it might be an easier sell, since they didn't look right in the first place.
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

If Burt were to be in another animated film and they used another actor to voice Batman I think I would at least give it a try.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

I only know this:

I enjoyed the first one, and I really don't enjoy what's on current television. Too dark, too bleak, and not any fun. Same for the DC Animated films, they're way too dark and violent. But I do love the DC superhero Lego films, even prior to the theatrical Batman Lego release that came out earlier this year.

I know Adam is gone, but I really enjoyed these films that didn't take themselves too seriously. Again I don't know if these Batman 66 animated films should continue without the one, the only Adam West, but I will also miss the joy these movies bring.

--jthree
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

I am looking forward to the reviews of Batman vs. Two Face.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

They're running it Saturday morning at NYCC.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Bat Tom wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:49 pm I am looking forward to the reviews of Batman vs. Two Face.
Same here.

==jthree
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

Here's a new article about the soundtrack to the movie-

http://collider.com/batman-vs-two-face- ... interview/
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Pretty Neat.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

13th Dimension has a spoiler free review that says the movie is more noir and closer in spirit to the First Season than the second and third seasons as the first movie was.

https://13thdimension.com/batman-vs-two ... batman-66/