Batman VS Twoface News?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jthree

Re: Batman VS Twoface News?

Post by Jthree »

Any news if there'll be a third movie or some episodes in the works?
--jthree
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:13 pm I would be very intrigued to see a first draft of "The Peguin's Nest/The Bird's Last Jest" and compare it to the final shooting script - Charles Hoffman's input as Script Editor at that point probably hold's the answer to some of the questions you've presented about this episode.
Holy podcast fodder! You keep making suggestions like that, you're going to have me spending all my money on copies from the Bill Dozier archives so we can discuss them on "To the Batpoles!" Would be great fun, though!
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Julie Newmar posted a script page from the sequel (according to which the working title is "Batman: The Caped Crusaders vs Two Face!") complete with a few hand written notes. I hope this helps to satisfy everyone's hunger for info on the sequel... at least for a minute. :lol:
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

God bless you, Mr. Boss. It has been a relatively dry period for news of things I'm anxious for. It made my day. I still hope that besides the second movie, WB Animation might still do a few episodes, including an animated Christmas one.

--jthree
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Jthree wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:36 pm God bless you, Mr. Boss. It has been a relatively dry period for news of things I'm anxious for. It made my day. I still hope that besides the second movie, WB Animation might still do a few episodes, including an animated Christmas one.

--jthree
I agree, but not just a few episodes but rather a full TV series complete with death trap cliffhanger endings. Then they can still work in the annual movies as well.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Looking for more news I found this quote from Burt Ward:

"No matter what I tell you, you're not going to believe this movie when you see it. Everything you thought about the 60s is going to be upside-down on its head."

While I could be way off I have a feeling that Burt is hinting that this film will reference other iconic shows of the 60s. Get Smart? Gilligan's Island? The Andy Griffith Show? I Dream of Jeanie? Star Trek?

Or perhaps some iconic 1960s music. Could you imagine if the Rolling Stones voiced themselves in a Batclime window cameo? I'm getting excited! Can't wait to see what they've come up with.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

:) If they did a window cameo, I'd like to see them use Dawn Wells from Gilligan's Island. A 60's icon, and she even produced "Return to the Batcave!" And did tours of the plays "Love Letters" with Adam West at around the time that aired. And she's just swell!

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

This could be something or, it could be nothing.

I don't know much about this guy Nate "Chops" Johnson other than he's apparently a facial hair competitor (I didn't know there was such a thing). However I discovered an interesting Instagram post he made regarding the movie:

"FBF: to that time i worked with William Shatner when he recorded the voice of Harvey Dent/2Face for BATMAN: THE CAPED CRUSADERS vs TWO FACE"

What's especially noteworthy is how much Mr. Johnson resembles a certain unnamed criminal who escaped prison in ROTCC. But was not present during the Batfight.
Could it be that he is still on the loose and could "Chops" be working with Two Face (perhaps as a mole) in the sequel? If nothing else it would be a subtle way to tie the two films together. Maybe there is even more to the story that we are not as yet aware. Stay tuned...

UPDATE Upon further investigation I found the Facebook page of a group known as "ChopSquad" who confirmed that the aforementioned unnamed criminal was indeed supposed to be Nate "Chops" Johnson.

"One of our members Nate Johnson became a cartoon character in the new Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders. He was the Assistant Production Manager for the movie also. Here is a preview of the movie. Congratulations Nate on a job well done!"

Assistant Production Manager? :!: So, having such a prominent role in the film would seem to leave a very big likelihood that we will indeed see more of this character (most likely in a bigger role) in the sequel.

Now, the question is, are there any hints in ROTCC as to this character's role in the sequel? Time to watch it again.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Two face 66
Two face 66
Saw this on Facebook but no other info. Looking good so far
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Don't like seeing the name, Jim Carrey in Julie's notes though.
Music. BAT! Music.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

John Mack wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:16 am Don't like seeing the name, Jim Carrey in Julie's notes though.
Well, seeing how the two hand written lines under his name are numbered seems to indicate that they are added lines at the beginning (the first being Desmond Dumas and the Second being Catwoman) which would suggest that Jim Carrey is the voice of Desmond Dumas (I hope not).
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

The Boss wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:31 am Well, seeing how the two hand written lines under his name are numbered seems to indicate that they are added lines at the beginning (the first being Desmond Dumas and the Second being Catwoman) which would suggest that Jim Carrey is the voice of Desmond Dumas (I hope not).
I assumed it was a voice performance note that the scene required "lots of" Jim Carrey-like energy.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Therin of Andor wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:48 pm I assumed it was a voice performance note that the scene required "lots of" Jim Carrey-like energy.
Hopefully that's what it means. I'd hate to think that Jim Carrey was involved in this film.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I don't know.how reliable this is (the clip he shows is from an episode of Batman:The Brave and the Bold) but this guy claims to have a scoop on the synopsis for Batman: The Caped Crusaders vs Two Face.
Using King Tut as a pawn, the mysterious crime boss known only as Two Face, stages a daring crime wave that baffles Batman and Robin and threatens all of Gotham City! Will Bruce Wayne suspect that his closest friend could also be Batman's greatest enemy? With Catwoman's help, can The Caped Crusaders discover the secret identity of this devious Jekyll/Hyde hoodlum before he discovers theirs? Featuring the voice talent of William Shatner as Two Face, Adam West as Batman, and Burt Ward as Robin. Julie Newmar as Catwoman!
Again, seeing how he tried to push a clip from Batman: The Brave and the Bold I wouldn't put much stock in his claim but non the less here it is.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xzOADMag8jY
Bat Username

Post by Bat Username »

The Boss wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:46 am I don't know.how reliable this is (the clip he shows is from an episode of Batman:The Brave and the Bold) but this guy claims to have a scoop on the synopsis for Batman: The Caped Crusaders vs Two Face.

Again, seeing how he tried to push a clip from Batman: The Brave and the Bold I wouldn't put much stock in his claim but non the less here it is.
The synopsis is real, as it originates from an online marketing survey that was promoted in copies of the ROTCC bluray.

One of the questions asked if consumers who had purchased ROTCC would be interested in purchasing another film with the described plot.