Batman VS Twoface News?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

robinboyblunderer

Re: Batman VS Twoface News?

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Makes sense in a way, Tut having two personalities.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

robinboyblunderer wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:16 pm Makes sense in a way, Tut having two personalities.
Possible, seeing as how according to IMDb Two Face will go on a crime spree based on the #2.
Former Gotham City District Attorney Harvey Dent, one side of his face scarred by acid, goes on a crime spree based on the number '2'. All of his actions are decided by the flip of a defaced, two-headed silver dollar.

- Otaku-sempai
Also it's worth noting that King Tut did come out looking the strongest of all the villains in the Gotham Palace Batfight having taken out four Batman before being taken out himself.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Anything new? Otherwise it might be a long, long six months.

---jthree
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I look every single day looking for something new even checking old sites for possible updated (by phone making it doublely hard) but I have found nothing lately. Personally, since we know that the Two Face film is happening, I would rather heard announcements of additional Batman '66 animation (either another film or a series) featuring the voices of Adam, Burt and Julie then we will have the comfort of knowing that more is on the way thus making the wait less painful
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jthree wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:29 pm Anything new? Otherwise it might be a long, long six months.

---jthree
Much like with ROTTCC, I wouldn't expect to start seeing or hearing anything further of note until the 2-4 weeks prior to release when the final phase press-releases will go out. There may be a few more interviews this time around what with both Adam and Bill Shatner co-starring together, but keep in mind, this isn't a blockbuster following an international mass-marketing cycle - it's a straight to home-release aimed at a much narrower demographic than the upcoming Justice League movie for instance.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Okay, it's not much but it's something. At the recent Comic Con in Dallas, Burt Ward gave us another detail about "Batman: The Caped Crusaders vs Two Face!" confirming that - like ROTCC - there will be "a whole bunch of villains" in addition to Two Face (and of course Julie Newmar) in the sequel. Could this mean a return of Joker Penguin and Riddler? Or, perhaps other villains from the TV series? Maybe even more villains never used on the series? Let the speculation begin. Read full article here: http://m.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/pop ... l?mode=jqm
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I just hope this one has a more coherent script that respects the adults in the audience.
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:49 pm I just hope this one has a more coherent script that respects the adults in the audience.
I couldn't agree more. After all the love lavished on ROTCC, I was very disappointed. Sure, there were things to like...but considering it was made by 1966 Bat Fans it should have been closer to the TV series in tone.
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

BatMite wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:53 pm
AndyFish wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:49 pm I just hope this one has a more coherent script that respects the adults in the audience.
I couldn't agree more. After all the love lavished on ROTCC, I was very disappointed. Sure, there were things to like...but considering it was made by 1966 Bat Fans it should have been closer to the TV series in tone.
Yes please! I've actually refrained from commenting on the film because I wasn't as much of a fan as everyone else. I really didn't like the "bad" Batman storyline. This was especially so, since I was watching the movie with my 4.5-year-old son. He didn't understand why Batman was being so mean and beating everyone up... It didn't help, that it was just a little scratch by Catwoman that did it. If they had done it with more of a moment, it would have been a bit easier to explain. It doesn't need to be rated G, but something a bit less violent would have been nicer.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think there are a lot of us who were less than delighted with ROTCC. I think I've watched it five times, but that's because I fell asleep four of those times.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Well guys. Perhaps you can brainstorm a better script or comic book for Batman 66. I'm just grateful for what we've got

---jthree
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Give me 20 minutes and a crayon and I'll write a better script...
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

All they have to do is ask.
I don't think we should be considered "lesser" fans because we want a script with some semblance of intelligence to it, or at least respects its audience.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Hi Jthree,

I get where you're coming from and I think the cartoon was well done, witty, fun and able to take the energy of the show and expand it in different ways; it wasn't just a nostalgia fest.

But what matters is what the story/episode/movie means to you.

Who cares if some people didn't like Return of the Caped Crusaders?

I loved it. I think it's a great reunion movie and a completely unexpected surprise. Years ago people were hoping for an official series release, now a sequel to the reunion cartoon is being made...!

I love the Londinium Trilogy. It's often ripped apart by others. It usually shows up in worst of lists. So what?

Don't let others' opinions affect your enjoyment. If people don't like ROTCC that's fine.

I think the black and white serials are terrible and am amazed anyone could enjoy them; stilted acting, terrible action and a dragged out seemingly endless plot with an anticlimax. Lola Lasagne's awful. But people like both the serial and her character. Again, so what?

It really doesn't matter.

On a message forum like this,people can tear something apart, praise it or have an opinion at point between as long as no one's attacking each other.

I understand the concept of someone becoming so attached to a work of fiction that a criticism or even an attack on it feels like a criticism or an attack on the person who enjoys it, but most times it's just someone expressing their thoughts about the story, not the person who loves it.

If that's now how you feel and I misread your response, well...I still think I've made some valid points and no offense was intended.

Holy Soap Box!

cheers
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Very well put robinboyblunderer. I'm a huge fan of Legends of the Superheroes and the Nora Clavicle episode even though they are often listed among the worst of the Adam West Batman adventures.

While I understand that everyone has an opinion, I'm often astonished by some people's need to post such negativity. If you're not interested in something or do not like it don't post about it. Even worse is when people criticize someone else's opinion and tries to belittle them simply because their opinion differs. I personally wish that people would only post when they have something positive to add.