The shirt Burt Ward designed. While Adam West smokes.

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Progress Pigment

The shirt Burt Ward designed. While Adam West smokes.

Post by Progress Pigment »

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
John Mack

Re: The shirt Burt Ward designed. While Adam West smokes.

Post by John Mack »

Lol. The article lost me at "flew high from 1966 to 1969."
Music. BAT! Music.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Incredible in many ways, but the biggest revelation to me was Burt's "hit record," I've Got Love for my Baby.

Once again, YouTube delivers.

Kind of gives the lie to the oft-quoted bit in "My Life in Tights" about Burt's experience with Frank Zappa and the Mothers, and how "Boy Wonder I Love You" made him realize he had no business making records.

The label photo is from an online record auction; the seller estimated the record came out in 1970. That tracks with the article's indication that "Marriage of a Young Stockbroker" hadn't yet seen its 1971 release. Anyone know anything more about the song?

Cheers,

Jim
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It's interesting to note Adam mentioning that Burt is going out in the Robin costume for appearances but he has no interest in doing the same thing-- "But I don't want to put on Batman's costume any more. I don't like him now. I don't want to be that person any longer." which supports the point that seeing him perform in costume in the 70s and 80s has a sadness to it.

He was also glad the series ended because of the budget cuts of Season Three. Yes, feelings change, but the actual reality was offers dried up. The movies he made after the show did not perform and putting on the tights was a begrudging thing he had to do.

WB asking him to stop wearing the suit was probably the best thing that ever happened to him, because his career started to improve shortly after that happened.

It's important to remember that this was a role, a job, and that these are people.
Progress Pigment

One of the movies mentioned for Burt Ward must have eventually become Scream, Evelyn, Scream! (1970) starring Stafford Repp(!), wherein Burt had a small part credited as as 'Dune Duggy Driver'. 'Date' or 'A Study in Violence' -- I suppose it could be either one, reading the film's synopsis. And it's the only film that there's any record of Burt Ward appearing in until the 1980's.

http://templeofschlock.blogspot.com/200 ... ile-2.html

Below is a blub from a blog. Info on this film is slim! It appears to be lost. But so was Adam West's 'The Girl Who Knew Too Much' -- which now can be had for about $9.99, and can generally be found on youtube.

SCREAM, EVELYN, SCREAM! was the second (but also the last) of four scheduled productions to be shot by a Los Angeles-based company called International Center Productions, headed by Hubie Kerns. It went before the cameras beginning the last week of March 1970, as THE DATE. And hasn't turned up again since its original theatrical release, it seems to me.

'Brother Don't Cry For Me' (1970) was the other film Hubie Kerns produced. They were churning them out! It starred Leslie Parrish and Dash Riprock from the Beverly Hillbillies.:?
Hubie, Stafford Repp, and Burt Ward working together again! I find this stuff absolutely fascinating.

BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

A film where Repp top billed? Almost afraid to see it, but if there's Burt cameo, I will chapter skip to the scene.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Progress Pigment

Jim Akin wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:07 am Incredible in many ways, but the biggest revelation to me was Burt's "hit record," I've Got Love for my Baby.

Once again, YouTube delivers.

Kind of gives the lie to the oft-quoted bit in "My Life in Tights" about Burt's experience with Frank Zappa and the Mothers, and how "Boy Wonder I Love You" made him realize he had no business making records.

That was MUCH better than when they tried to make Burt actually sing. :shock:

The Bobby Sanders Singers were good though. That was a lot like the "Boy Wonder" album.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6cSVam7BG0[/youtube]