If Batman was on tv now, which new villains would you create

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

mattman

If Batman was on tv now, which new villains would you create

Post by mattman »

I have taken the liberty of creating some new villains for the Rogues Gallery and if there was a tv series now
here are a few I would include:

Daddy Long Legs (a very tall villain)
The Editor (nasty pap)
The Woodlouse (a wood themed baddie)
Under Walter (a submerged Mr.Freeze type enemy who can only survive in a water tank)
The Great Dane (Danish dog lover, a version of Catwoman but with canines)
Long John ( pirate)

I have many more including a few I need names for, a hologram based villain, an inch high foe, a cartoon enemy, a villain who has every disease threatens to release epidemics(nicknamed him Mr.Sneeze) and a tuxedo spy .

So, do you have any villain concepts and can you help with any names for my foes ?
Killer Moth

Re: If Batman was on tv now, which new villains would you cr

Post by Killer Moth »

Cartoon Enemy: General Pop Art
Mr. Sneeze: Peter Plague
Tuxedo spy: Johnny Silencer
mattman

Post by mattman »

Wow, like the General Pop Art and Johnny Silencer, that was quick. Have a villain called Pop-up swell.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Le Artiste: Sonya Sketcher

An art themed villainess with truly ATROCIOUS taste in art.

Nothing uncouth, or obscene, just stuff made by people with no talent i.e. cutesy kitten plates, badly done paint by numbers, poorly sewn textile art, etc.

The funny thing is, her own art is better by far than the stuff she actually LIKES. Just like most artists, she's convinced that her stuff is utter junk, but she can't bear to throw away a single sketchbook.

She's also being haunted by her harridan of a great aunt who went out of her way to destroy Sonya's confidence in her artistic abilities, even from beyond the grave.

The Caped Crusader will have to exorcise the old bag before he can make headway with the tortured artiste.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Le Artiste, like it, who would you like to play her?
mattman

Post by mattman »

Others I have are: the Weatherman, the Mandarin, the Mandarin, the 3 Bears, Sleepyhead, the Highlander,Crazy Horse, Madame Medusa, Mother Nature, the EarWig, amongst others
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Either Emma Watson or Kiera Knightley.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Good choices, nice cheeky french accent on them and a dotty poltergeist aunt ala Bewitched/Marsha- who would you have play her?
mattman

Post by mattman »

I also had an episode idea where Batman and Robin are away on another mission (Paris perhaps dealing with Le Artiste?) so Alfred and his cousin Egbert along with Tassles (remember her mention in the Joker's Provokers?) have to deal with a slow,methodical foe called the Mock Turtle who,despite his meticulousness always is too laid back, runs out of time and thus never completes his crime fully-this being his trademark/clue left (Mock Turtle soup always was incomplete) . The fact Alfred and Egbert are English (and played by ST;TNG's Moriarty and the Nanny's star Daniel Lewis in my casting), Tassles and the Mock Turtle could be English and the villain could be an old adversary of them all and played by Sir Michael Gambon. The episodes would be called; Meet the Mock Turtle/ Alfred's Final Hurdle
High C

Post by High C »

mattman wrote:Others I have are: the Weatherman, the Mandarin, the Mandarin, the 3 Bears, Sleepyhead, the Highlander,Crazy Horse, Madame Medusa, Mother Nature, the EarWig, amongst others
Welcome to the board, mattman. Fun idea for a thread.

I assume Madame Medusa would be able to 'freeze' people. Can you elaborate?

I have two ideas that I thought of for the 1960s show, but they would be equally applicable today.

On the old board, we often bemoaned the fact the last window cameo was by a carpet enterpreneur called 'Carpet King,' who apparently had cut some kind of deal with Dozier, i.e. free or heavily discounted carepting in exchange for a cameo.

My idea was, why not make a villain called Carpet King? His special carpeting immobilizes his victims by either glueing them to the carpet or by causing those annoying little electric shocks, which incapacitate them long enough for him to commit his crimes!!

'Shag' and 'Pile' would be his henchmen, and the very beautiful and voluptuous 'Plush' would be his henchmoll! :P

My other idea was for a villainess called 'Narcissa,' based loosely on Joker's moll, Cornelia, who spent all day looking at herself in the mirror. [And she had good reason to!]

Narcissa's real name, as board member epaddon suggested to me, would be 'Vanity Case.' The backstory I created was that she was a famous and beautiful model who was blackballed from the modeling and fashion industries because she was much too difficult to work with. Thus, she wants revenge on those industries.

Had it actually happened in the 1960s, I would have envisioned model-turned-actress Suzy Parker in the role. She often is credited as being the first so-called 'supermodel' and she had a sense of humor about what she did for a living, and thought modeling was kind of silly. She would have had fun, IMO, poking fun at her own image. And much like Cornelia, Narcissa would be so busy gazing at her own reflection that her lead henchman would have to remind her, 'hey, it's time to put Batman and Robin and/or Batgirl in the deathtrap!' :lol:

If I were going to cast it today, I'd try to coax Kathy Ireland [who still looks gorgeous!] out of acting retirement. No, she wasn't what I would consider a great actress, but she did have some comedic timing in the roles I saw her in and this would be perfect for her.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
mattman

Post by mattman »

You would not believe that I am watching Ice Spy now with the wall walk and who is on it? Only the blooming Carpet King. Honest ! I like that ideas plus the supermodel Narcissa. Maybe she could have an evil reflection? Not to overtake your idea, just a suggested addition. Janice Dickinson could pull it off ssh she is over the top but Kathy Ireland is an inspired choice.
As for Madame Medusa, she has the ability to turn people to stone with her Instant Statue Ray Gun and ssh a back story, Governor Stonefellow (mentioned in the series but never seen) is her prisoner, hence the anonymity.......
mattman

Post by mattman »

I made up dome other potential 60s villains : Ultra Violet, the Bogeyman, the Boogeyman (a dancer), the Sultan, The Gambler ( a colonel Sanders lookalike), the Crab, the Headmaster, Matron Margaret and her dorm of girls, the Eel, the Preacher, the Walrus, the Praying Mantis, Mr.Nice Guy, the White Rabbit, the Laughing Policeman,the Magician, the Vaudevillain, Road Hog, the Nanny, Housewife, Prince Harming, Batfan, the Crooner, Money Bags, Fatman. Quite a lot, hey? And I think I have more........
Catfan

Post by Catfan »

I might actually create villains who were "plainclothes" (read that leather jackets and designer clothes) Mafia figures, in the manner of the early First Season. Something to give the series an edge.
mattman

Post by mattman »

To add an edge, good idea, maybe bring in Boss Biggs or Roland Daggett, or s brand new plain clothes concept villain, any idea on a name ?
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Vincent Taggart. The illegitimate son of a gangster that is looking to get his own territory away from his father's influence.

University educated, very erudite and philosophical, but also a ruthless man that will kill to get his way.

Does NOT kill women or children, and if anyone in his gang has the bright idea to do so, they end up in the Gotham morgue.

Doesn't drink, and very rarely smokes. Even then he only smokes very thin cherillo cigarettes.

He is, however, afraid of spiders, and freaks out when he sees them.

Is Felix Unger-like in his cleanliness and personal habits, and his personal quarters are so clean the cockroaches die from sheer shock.

Wears tailored suits, gives to charity and is actually quite good at business.

If only they weren't illegal.