The Revolving Door of Mr. Freeze

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Killer Moth

The Revolving Door of Mr. Freeze

Post by Killer Moth »

I know that the 2nd Mr. Freeze was difficult to work with, but was the original coldster George Sanders ever asked back and he turned it down, or did they just decide to recast?
mattman

Re: The Revolving Door of Mr. Freeze

Post by mattman »

From what I understand, George Sanders was busy elsewhere (another villain as Shere Khan in Jungle Book) and couldn't wait for him so cast the 'wild' Otto Preminger, who was then asked back himself and he when couldn't commit they cast Eli Wallach. It is a mystery that for the 3rd story they never attempted to coax Sanders back.
logar2

Post by logar2 »

Actually, I believe Preminger was NOT asked back which is why they went with Eli Wallach. Preminger was viewed by most on the show as the worst person they had worked with during the show's run.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Preminger was one of the celebs who begged Dozier to be on the show "for his kids" sake.
Killer Moth

Post by Killer Moth »

Dr. Shimel wrote:Preminger was one of the celebs who begged Dozier to be on the show "for his kids" sake.
Wild, Dr. Shimel, wild! :mrgreen:
mattman

Post by mattman »

I also believe he ended up out of pocket as therew as an issue with agent/acting fees / tax (something on those lines) and once he appeared in Batman he ended up paying over $3000 and was only paid $2500. WILD!!!!!