Post Here Whenever You're Watching Batman

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

The Boss

Re: Post Here Whenever You're Watching Batman

Post by The Boss »

After finishing the series I took a few days off but, noe I'm right back on the Batman kick. Time for Batman: The Movie.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Since Adam's passing I have been watching/reading/writing as much Batman as time permits. I finally purchaced the TV series box set on DVD (I previously watch it on a bootleg DVD set that I have had for years), I have been watching said DVD set, The Legends of the Superheroes, The New Adventures of Batman, as well as any and all footage of personal appearances found on YouTube. Ad to that the Batman audio records by Adam West, Burt Ward, Frank Gorshin and Burgess Meredith. Not to mention the two PSAs, the last two years of the Super Friends (which saw Adam West return to the role of Batman), Adam's 1997 return to the role of Batman in the Animaniacs cartoon short "Boo Wonder" andhis appearances as Batman on The Simpsons and Family Guy. And of course we can't forget last year's "Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders". Finally there is my rerurn to the Batman '66 comics. I so wish that DC would bring these back.

In short I have been endulging in everything and anything Batman '66 related.
brightknight

Post by brightknight »

I loved the TV show before, but with Adam's passing I actually appreciate it even more. Nothing ever dies. The fun remains.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Just watched the Minstrel episodes and while cringe worthy in parts i.e Phyllis Diller mistaking Batman and Robin for janitors 'in their old clothes' there were some positives too. The duo on a steakout for one, Gordon giving O Hara a beat down for even suggesting Batman could be working with Minstrel. Overall it was better than the Archer by far.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:08 am Just watched the Minstrel episodes and while cringe worthy in parts i.e Phyllis Diller mistaking Batman and Robin for janitors 'in their old clothes' there were some positives too. The duo on a steakout for one, Gordon giving O Hara a beat down for even suggesting Batman could be working with Minstrel. Overall it was better than the Archer by far.
In all honesty, I actually regard the Minstrel arc as one of the better of season two, not as a stand-alone villain but in terms of the originality of the plot.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:08 am Just watched the Minstrel episodes and while cringe worthy in parts i.e Phyllis Diller mistaking Batman and Robin for janitors 'in their old clothes'
Had to get in the obligatory plug for a new ABC show. :D The first of four shows to get such treatment, with only Felony Squad able to make it past a single year on the air.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

About to watch the final Frank Gotshin Riddler episode, "Ring Around The Riddler". He was my favorite villain. One of the main reasons why I am such a fan of Legends of the Superheroes.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Progress Pigment wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:28 pm My interest in "Challenge of Superheroes" as been re-ignited lately. :shock: It's struck me how easily this thing could have been turned into something fantastic.
Scott Tipton recently revisited.
http://www.blastoffcomics.com/2019/03/c ... land-lake/

IIRC, Burt Ward shaved his legs to avoid Robin having to wear the flesh-toned tights?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Frenchy1939

Post by Frenchy1939 »

Exactly 3 years ago, I watched my entire blu ray Batman set over the course of 3 months. Now, I am rewatching the whole series a few episodes a night. It’s because after the commute to work, and the daily grind, this show makes everything a little better!

The only episode I fast forwarded through was “The Devil’s Fingers”....that one was even worse than the “Great Vegtable Rebellion” episode of Lost in Space, IMO.

Hey, you’ll love this for total insanity....I watch episodes from the series during the week, the serials on the weekends, and the movies, like Batman ‘89 typically on weekend nights.

Just seems appropriate, ha ha!

Hey, you wouldn’t sing Jingle Bells in July, would you? ...same concept!