Attachments
TVGUIDE_19650403.JPG
TVGUIDE_19631123.JPG
TVGUIDE_19620127.JPG
TVGUIDE_19550625.JPG
Dr. Shimel

Re: Bat Molls who made the cover of TV Guide

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Vince Edwards and Kathy Kersh were briefly married.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Joan "Oakie Annie" Staley also appears on the Burke's Law cover.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Jim Akin wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:12 pm Joan "Oakie Annie" Staley also appears on the Burke's Law cover.

Missed that one.

Thanks.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Wow, that's fantastic nkh!! I didn't think much of Kathy Kersh as a moll, but Eileen O'Neil and Myrna Fahey easily make my top 5! Barbara Nichols who was a bit "past it" by the time of Batman. Funny, since she was exactly Adam West's age. Search her name on google, images, and it will give you an idea of what her career was like. :roll:

She was however on a rare video-tape episode of 'Twilight Zone'. She plays sort of a Marylyn Monroe character. Myrna Fahey was to me moll-wise, second only to Jill St. John. Blaze was fantastic!

I just now read a piece about the TV series 'Father of the Bride' (1962-63), where she took issue with the idea that she got the part on the series because of how much she resembled Elizabeth Taylor. She called her Elizabeth whats-her-name! Funny, Back when the old FX channel was airing Batman episodes, Jeff Probst, who became host of 'Survivor', compared her to Elizabeth Taylor, but in a really derogatory way. Not sure why he did that? I thought she looked great. Sadly she died at 40. Her last role was in a TV movie called, The Great American Beauty Contest(1973), airing the year she passed away. You can find it on youtube if you look. It's interesting, because she apparently got her start in beauty contests! Her IMBD listing has this pic. Which I find kind of nice!

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

She looked like Elizabeth Taylor?
Beneath Wayne Manor
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:28 pm She looked like Elizabeth Taylor?
Maybe "resembled" is a better word. Which is subjective. Like Barbara Nichols "resembled" Marilyn Monroe. Steve Bushemi "resembles" Don Knotts.

All the cosplay guys "resemble" Adam West! Yeah, sans costume, any one of them might be mistaken for a shockingly handsome 1960's 6 feet 2 bronze Adonis! :roll: Maybe. Myrna was a lovely girl. Look at the first pic on this video. She could almost pass for a young Elizabeth Taylor.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzAN5TMxAvE[/youtube]
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Thanks for sharing these. Eileen O'Neil is a favorite of mine as well.

Barbara Nichols was on a pair of my favorite episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies, where she played "exotic dancer" Chickadee Lavurne. Jethro falls in love with her. Those episodes are among the ones in public domain.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Progress Pigment wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:59 pm
BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:28 pm She looked like Elizabeth Taylor?
Maybe "resembled" is a better word. Which is subjective. Like Barbara Nichols "resembled" Marilyn Monroe. Steve Bushemi "resembles" Don Knotts.

Funny you should use Don Knotts---Joan Staley played his love interest in "The Ghost & Mr. Chicken"