Holy Oh-No! Batman '66 comic near end of line(?)

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

AndyFish

Re: Holy Oh-No! Batman '66 comic near end of line(?)

Post by AndyFish »

Well said TP
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

Agreed.
I love what we've had for the last few years and I'll always welcome more Bat-products whenever they become available.
Also, closing down the monthly issues/crossovers doesn't mean slamming the door on the property and burying it for all time. There's always room in the future for One-shot specials, minis, crossovers etc....(there are so many 60's-70's properties waiting out there)

Recently, i picked up an anthology of short stories based on the Planet of the Apes franchise
Perhaps something could be done like that in Comic Book or prose form.
I'm sure there are more than enough writers who loved the show and would willingly submit stories they want to tell that hold the spirit of the series.
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I'm hoping that more will be produced in honor of Adam's passing. I would like to see, "Batman '66 Meets The Castaways Of Gilligan's Island".
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Thought so many other comic book writers should take a shot at writing a Batman 66 story. I would have liked to have seen Alan Moore, Alan Brennet and others besides Jeff Parker write their interpretation of the "Bright Knight Detective.

===jthree
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Also would have liked to have seen a Batman 66 meets George Reeves Superman series. Maybe a Christopher Reeves one as well.

==Jthree
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

The Boss wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:35 am I'm hoping that more will be produced in honor of Adam's passing. I would like to see, "Batman '66 Meets The Castaways Of Gilligan's Island".
Since Adam's passing I have written my own treatment for this story and I must say that I am quite proud of it. Coming up with a good reason for Batman to be in the middle of the south Pacific and - more important - finding a way to justify Batman leaving the castaways stranded on the island (a major obstacle that, if I do say so myself was overcome masterfully in a way that utilizes the best factors of Batman and Gilligan's Island) something that I felt was vital to preserve the canon of the castaways not being rescued until the late 70s reunion movies.

I also picked IMO the right villain to allow for the best story in this cross over. Not to mention the endless possibilities for death traps using Gilligan's Island coconut "technology". Or the fun dialog that could be aplied due to the absurdity of the situations; "What is this? Our heroes about to be done in by one of Mary Ann's coconut cream pies?" I feel that Gilligan's Island would compliment the comedic style of Batman '66 beatifully.

While I am not an artist I would love to submit this to someone who might be able to turn it into a Batman '66 mini series. Does anyone have any suggestions?
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

There must be something that we can do to help bring this series back. With Adam gone the comics is the last source to continue the adventures of the most famous Batman of all time.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I say submit it to DC Comics.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

The Boss wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:14 am There must be something that we can do to help bring this series back. With Adam gone the comics is the last source to continue the adventures of the most famous Batman of all time.
Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened.
brightknight

Post by brightknight »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:14 am
The Boss wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:14 am There must be something that we can do to help bring this series back. With Adam gone the comics is the last source to continue the adventures of the most famous Batman of all time.
Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened.
My thoughts too. It was a really solid comic and I still re-read those stories from time to time. I'm less interested in the crossovers that are happening now, but they're not too bad either.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Progress Pigment wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:58 pm I give the 'Brave & Bold' cartoon a lot of credit too. You might briefly see King Tut or The Minstrel in any given episode. Unbelievable!
Have you seen the new "Scooby Doo & Batman: The Brave and the Bold" crossover on DVD? Some "Batman '66" villain cameos can be spotted: "Egghead, King Tut, Shame and Clock King (with his animated series’ clockface mask) and even the comics version of Killer Moth. (Previously, a number of original TV villains had featured in "The Brave and the Bold" series’ jailbreak episode, “Day of the Dark Knight”.)

The two old “Scooby Doo, Where Are You?” episodes featuring Batman and Robin are in Bonus Features.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)