What episodes am I thinking?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dannorama

What episodes am I thinking?

Post by Dannorama »

I have two are nagging, decades-old questions that I am finally asking about. I thought that with the Blu-Ray set, I'd have answered these by now. No such luck! I saw these things as a kid, and I am beginning to think that maybe I have imagined them all of this time....

1. I remember an episode where Commissioner Gordon tells Chief O'Hara to "Arrest Batman and Robin." The next thing I remember, it looked like our heroes got gunned down by the cops, and they fell into a bunch of garbage cans. (I had to leave and go shopping with mom at that very moment, and never saw the resolution!)

2. Batman and Robin get big fat darts thrown at them, and the darts stick in their chests before they crumple to the ground.

These were traumatic images for little me. Maybe if I see them again, with all of the cheese heaped on top, then maybe I can finally put these visions to rest. Anybody?
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: What episodes am I thinking?

Post by Scott Sebring »

1) From Season 1 episode 22 "Not Yet, He Ain't." How do they get out? I don't want to spoil the ending. But I've shown you where to look.
Batman S01E22 - Not Yet, He Ain't - 1595.jpg

2) The darts (although maybe not as HUGE as you remembered them) were shot from Catwoman's Cat-gun in Season 2 Episode 3's "Hot Off the Griddle."
Batman S02E03 - Hot Off the Griddle - 2579.jpg
Batman S02E03 - Hot Off the Griddle - 2606.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I remember the gunning down of the duo really striking me as a kid too. Trauma indeed!
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

IIRC, the Puzzler used darts (made from model airplanes) that were thrown by hand at the duo...
Tom
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

COPPRODUCTIONS wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:15 pm IIRC, the Puzzler used darts (made from model airplanes) that were thrown by hand at the duo...
Tom
You're correct. If Scott or someone can pull a screen capture of that?
Music. BAT! Music.
Dannorama

Post by Dannorama »

Whew. Thank you all! Now I know where to look, including the Puzzler. Here's hoping that my adult filter can finally put these scary visions to bed...!
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Joker's goons threw dart-like "sea urchin spines" at Batman and Robin in "Surf's Up, Joker's Under," too. They weren't especially thick, though -- they looked like pick-up sticks, or maybe uncooked spaghetti. But they "pierced" the duo's batsuits and were sticking out of their chests.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

John Mack wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 am
COPPRODUCTIONS wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:15 pm IIRC, the Puzzler used darts (made from model airplanes) that were thrown by hand at the duo...
Tom
In the Puzzler episode, they were thrown one at a time and each fell individually and the darts were more in the arm rather than closer to their chest as opposed to the Catwoman one where they are are both seen with darts and falling together. The "Surf's Up" scene is closer but they don't slump and fall. They just cut to the scene with them tied up and on their backs. Thus, I figured they were talking about the Catwoman scene from their description.
Dannorama wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:35 am 2. Batman and Robin get big fat darts thrown at them, and the darts stick in their chests before they crumple to the ground.
From "The Puzzles Are Coming":
Batman S02E31 - The Puzzles Are Coming - 3931.jpg
Batman S02E31 - The Puzzles Are Coming - 3941.jpg
Batman S02E31 - The Puzzles Are Coming - 3955.jpg
From "Surf's Up! Joker's Under!"
Batman S03E10 - Surf's Up! Joker's Under! - 2109.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

No, you're awesome Scott. My request was more selfish than anything. Curious how some childhood memories manifest themselves.
Music. BAT! Music.
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

I love the little inside joke on the 2nd Puzzler pic. On the back wall is a device of some kind and over it is a label with the words "Not Labeled." The first time I saw that I took it as an inside joke from the set dresser based on how every device or piece of equipment was labeled not only in the batcave, but it other locations as well.
"Oh soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife. Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life." - Tom Lehrer
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Two more "dart" episodes:

Ring of Wax: Riddler knocks out the Duo with blow darts and puts them in the deathtrap.

Marsha, Queen of Diamonds: Robin is hit by a dart during the Batfight.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Holy Dart-tanion!

Batman stood still and waited to get tagged with what was coming (slowly) out that dime store plastic gun! And the second season was on! Whew! Terrible episode.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laeqGtKRTbk[/youtube]
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Dannorama

Post by Dannorama »

Scott Sebring wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:24 am
John Mack wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 am
Tom
In the Puzzler episode, they were thrown one at a time and each fell individually and the darts were more in the arm rather than closer to their chest as opposed to the Catwoman one where they are are both seen with darts and falling together. The "Surf's Up" scene is closer but they don't slump and fall. They just cut to the scene with them tied up and on their backs. Thus, I figured they were talking about the Catwoman scene from their description.
Dannorama wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:35 am 2. Batman and Robin get big fat darts thrown at them, and the darts stick in their chests before they crumple to the ground.
From "The Puzzles Are Coming":
Batman S02E31 - The Puzzles Are Coming - 3931.jpg
Batman S02E31 - The Puzzles Are Coming - 3941.jpg
Batman S02E31 - The Puzzles Are Coming - 3955.jpg
From "Surf's Up! Joker's Under!"

Batman S03E10 - Surf's Up! Joker's Under! - 2109.jpg
This was definitely it. The Puzzler! That is the scene that I have been searching for. Thanks, Scott! And thanks everyone!