batman 66' revival

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

batboy06

batman 66' revival

Post by batboy06 »

if the upcoming dctv streaming service decided to bring back the 1966' series but set it in modern day.
who should play bruce and dick? also,what would like to see on the show?
elmrgraham

Re: batman 66' revival

Post by elmrgraham »

I would get Jim Parsons to play Bruce Wayne/Batman,Chris O Donnell to play Dick Grayson/Robin,Michael Caine to play Alfred,Betty White to play Aunt Harriet,Melissa Gilbert to play Barbara Gordon/Batgirl,Bob Hastings to play Police Commissioner Gordon,Stafford Repp Jr. to play Chief O Hara,and William Dozier Jr.as the narrator.For the Villains/Villainesses:The Catwoman,Poison Ivy,The Sea Hag from the 1966 Batman Topps Card 14a:"Danger In The Depths'',except I would have her wear a Blue Bikini with Blue Gloves and Blue Fins,Blue Mask,a Green Sea Belt and Green Sea Underwater Breathing Resperator.She would also wear a Blue Sea Bow on her right arm.Other Villains/Villainesses would be:The Black Widow,The Siren,The Joker,The Penguin,The Riddler,Falseface,The Bookworm,The Minstrel,The Mad Hatter,Egghead,The Clock King,Mr.Freeze.All of the Villains/Villainesses would be wily,sexy,and EVIL.All would have the goal of becoming King or Queen of The Criminal Underworld in Gotham City.Excellent Criminal adversaries of Batman,Robin,and sometimes Batgirl.Gotham City would have a 21st Century setting.I would make the episodes two parters like the 1966 TV Series.Of course part one would end with Batman,Robin,and on occasion Batgirl getting captured and trapped by the Villains/Villainesses.The dialog would be camp and serious like the 1966 TV Series.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I would not be interested in such a series nor would I have any intention to watch. I would rather see a new animated series utilizing the voices of Adam, Burt and Julie.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

This idea comes up a lot here on the boards.
I'm with The Boss, I wouldn't watch it-- I don't watch GOTHAM and I don't think you could make the '66 series today. It's so much a part of the swinging sixties, today they don't make movies or TV shows with a lot of color, everything is in hues of blue or gray. I just don't think it would work.

I'd also be in for an animated series, but I'd want them to do some revolutionary type of animation style, rather than the house style they're using now. Something in the vein of how Jonny Quest was so innovative for it's time introducing realism and heavy blacks into a cartoon. If it was done in a pop art style I'd be all about it.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I think that the 1966 Batman Series set in 21st Century Gotham City would work given the chance.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

This would be like a crappy remake of a classic movie (Ben Hur) or a 90's remake of a great classic rock song. It was great the way it was. I agree, I don't think it would work now the way it did back then either. Some things should just be left alone. An animated series with the voices, maybe, but otherwise no.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Wait ... you said Jim Parsons as Bruce Wayne/Batman? I can't see it. And Chris O Donnell from 'Batman 4ever' as Robin? Parsons is 44. Chris O Donnell is 46. Holy Rusted Metal Batman! And Melissa Gilbert as Batgirl. She is 53. Bat-granny?

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
dell

Post by dell »

Progress Pigment wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 9:02 pm Wait ... you said Jim Parsons as Bruce Wayne/Batman? I can't see it. And Chris O Donnell from 'Batman 4ever' as Robin? Parsons is 44. Chris O Donnell is 46. Holy Rusted Metal Batman! And Melissa Gilbert as Batgirl. She is 53. Bat-granny?

I agree. It looks like Jim Parsons would have a tough time walking into a stiff wind, much less fighting a villain.
dell
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

elmrgraham wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 4:39 pm I would get Jim Parsons to play Bruce Wayne/Batman
He's weak and unsuited to play any sort of a superhero--especially Bruce Wayne/Batman. That would be Michael Keaton all over again.

Chris O Donnell to play Dick Grayson/Robin
...as what? The older Earth II Robin? That's the only Robin the near 50 year-old O'Donnell would be able to play.
Betty White to play Aunt Harriet
Batman did not need Aunt Harriet the first time around, and she rarely added anything to the series, so who would anyone want to see her again? ..and Betty White? Her shtick was worn out 40 years ago.

Melissa Gilbert to play Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

Batgirl's granny, perhaps. Even when she was younger, she would have be so wrong for the part as she was really goofy-looking.
Beneath Wayne Manor
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Ok,then George Clooney as Batman/Bruce Wayne,a teen idol from today to play Robin/Dick Grayson,and ,on occasion,another teen idol from today to play Batgirl/Barbara Gordon.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Clooney said he won't do it again. Besides, I doubt he'd work for TV.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I honestly don't see the need for a series just to show other people playing the roles. There is already more than enough fan films on YouTube depicting exactly that.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I say give it a probation period.If the series works out,keep it on.If not,take it off.That is all.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

AndyFish wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 6:16 am This idea comes up a lot here on the boards.

I'd also be in for an animated series, but I'd want them to do some revolutionary type of animation style, rather than the house style they're using now. Something in the vein of how Jonny Quest was so innovative for it's time introducing realism and heavy blacks into a cartoon. If it was done in a pop art style I'd be all about it.
Whew. I doubt they're aiming that high. If it happened it would be by luck alone. Remember the cover "box art" guy whining about how his original had been edited? And it was nothing to write home about to begin with. The original Superfriends had that great Alex Tooth work, but that aside, it was pretty terrible. Maybe they could do something like those godawful Clutch Cargo cartoons, with West & Ward's mouths actually saying the words! I know at least two people who would be all in for that! Let's take a poll. That would be [A.)Fantastic, or B.) Horrible. Please, only one vote to a customer!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MHg1-mpcUY[/youtube]
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Ha! Clutch Cargo! Those were terrible.