Ideas For a Third Batman '66 Animated Film

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

elmrgraham

Re: Ideas For a Third Batman '66 Animated Film

Post by elmrgraham »

I almost forgot.How about Kevin Kline voicing Falseface?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It's all just silly speculation since there is little chance of it becoming a series; as much as I appreciate their work, I'd prefer they used just new voice actors who were really good, rather than using those who are still with us. I'd hate to have the show sound like it's been filmed in a nursing home. Adam & Burt (and I guess Julie for that matter) earned their paychecks and should be included.

They could tweak the voices in post production to counter some of the "age factor" but I know I'm treading into sacred ground.
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

I really don't think Clint Eastwood is lining up to voice an animated movie based on a 50-year old TV series...
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

It was great to see Adam, Burt and Julie reprise their roles and I'm delighted they're getting another shot at it along with William Shatner.

Adam is so connected with the '66 Batman role I doubt they'll ever recast the part. However, let's pretend they do for a moment. Our very own Scott here at the message board does an extremely good take on the voice delivery and the dynamic duo could team up with the Grey Ghost voiced by Adam one more time. That would be something else!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I like the Catwoman idea, and if anyone should be able to lead nine lives, it's she.

But I also agree with Andy that there can be too much of a good thing. I'm glad Julie's on board as one of the (sadly few) surviving cast-members, but she needn't be Catwoman all the time to participate. As she showed in a couple of episodes, she's good at playing different parts, as well. I say keep her on the payroll as long as these things continue, but NOT always as Catwoman.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Good points.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Also,as a said before,I would have it as a new animated cartoon series instead of a film.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

elmrgraham wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 5:35 am Also,as a said before,I would have it as a new animated cartoon series instead of a film.
Or better yet, a new TV series AND continue the annual films.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

A new TV Series,a new animated cartoon series,and an occasional film based on the 1966 Batman,but with a 21st Century setting for Gotham City.All are excellent ideas.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

I know that I'm a little late to this discussion, but the idea of producing a new series with younger performers acting in it but taking place in the same exact universe as Batman '66 is a fantasy of mine. I admit that other necessities of life have prevented me from posting any more fan fiction here in roughly a year. Nonetheless, I think there are enough talented writers (either here on the board or in real life) that have an appreciation for Batman '66 that could pull it off. For that matter, I even think that if the new live action show were to be faithful to the original in concept and production, that it too would find a loyal audience.

Then again, I also fantasize about winning millions in the Power Ball.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Gorshin Romero,do you agree or disagree with the concept?
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

Hello everybody, I'm baaack.

I've been MIA from posting for awhile..not that I've lost interest(I still lurk on the forum), I've been busy with my own projects which includes my "Day's of our lives" podcast project.

After reading the messages in this thread, it occurs to me..yes, if this graduates to a tv series(which I highly doubt) it would be better to have an individual episode focus on an individual villain...but as an annual movie(especially if we only get two maybe three movies out of this) it makes perfect sense to team up villains. I thoroughly enjoyed this animated film and I'm very excited about the "Batman vrs Two-face" sequel.

The last movie shows Batman and Robin fighting the four main villains on a blimp. We see Riddler, Penguin, and Joker all "survive" the fall from the blimp, except for Catwoman. Now I have no Idea how they will write how Catwoman survives the fall, since it's already established 'Newmar" IS in this sequel. My thought is that when Batman get's clocked on the head and see's three catwomen, maybe he really did see three catwomen. Perhaps the villains used the duplicator ray on Catwoman. The Catwoman that made it to the batcave, kissed Batman, fell off the blimp and supposedly died was a fake Catwoman. The tv series itself never really bothered with this type of continuity, we could easily just have Catwoman in the script without any mention of how she survived and have an enjoyable, workable plot...Catwoman has nine lives, no need to explain anything.