Ideas For a Third Batman '66 Animated Film

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

The Boss

Ideas For a Third Batman '66 Animated Film

Post by The Boss »

While we wait for "Batman: The Caped Crusaders vs Two Face" I thought that it would be fun to post our own ideas for a third film.

Since it seems that Warner Bros. intends to use Julie Newmar (thus Catwoman) in every film I tried to come up with a differant way to use the character.

I would start with a female reporter going into Gotham State Prison to interview Catwoman on her career in crime. Catwoman tells the reporter of several of her confrontations with Batman. As she tells the story we fade to the adventure. During the adventure we will still hear narration by the reporter asking questions (e.g. "And then what happened?") followed by a wisecrack by Julie.

At the conclussion of the adventure we return to the prison. The reporter askes about another crime, as Julie begins to tell the tale a new adventure begins. But this time Catwoman looks like and is voiced by Lee Meriwether yet the natration continues to be provided by Newmar as if she has no idea that Catwoman appears differant on screen.

Each time we go to a new adventue Catwoman appears different. First it's Julie, then Lee, back to Julie and finally Eartha Kitt (impersonated) to represent the changes in the series. Depending how long the adventures are they might even include one final crime with Julie to represent her return to the role in the animated films.

Throughout all of this however Julie is always providing narration in 1st person saying things like, "I did this" or "...then I..." as if all of these stories were her. Neither she, Batman and Robin nor anyone else gives any indication that there is more than one Catwoman and everytime we return to prison we are back to Julie's Catwoman.

Finally at the conclusion of the interview the reporter states that despite her choice of "careers" Catwoman must be commended on her resourcefulness and resilience to be able to go toe to toe with the Dynamic Duo as fiercely and frequently as she has. As the reporter exist the cell and the gaurd locks the door she stops and says to Catwoman, "You know? If a person didn't know better one might almost think there were three of you." As the reporter leaves Catwoman (who was staring out of her window at the night sky) looks back over her shoulder with a sly grin (extreme close up) and says (in Eartha Kitt's voice), "Perrrrrrrrrrr-haps!"

We see the reporter exit the penitentiary when she suddenly realizes Catwoman's last comment and asks, "Huh?". Suddenly the alarm goes off! "CATWOMAN HAS ESCAPED!" yells Chief O'Hara. The Batsignal flashes over the Gotham skyline as Catwoman is seen running across the rooftops at a distance and Lee Meriwether's trademark meow is heard in the background as we fade to black and go to credits.
elmrgraham

Re: Ideas For a Third Batman '66 Animated Film

Post by elmrgraham »

Purrfectly EVIL and Excellent ideas.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think it's a great idea.
If they go forward I hope Catwoman isn't a regular character though, no slight to Julie, what made the show fun was the variety of villains.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I definitely agree.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

The variety of Batman Villains/Villainesses should include:The Catwoman,Poison Ivy,The Sea Hag,The Black Widow,The Siren,The Joker,The Penguin,The Riddler,The Bookworm,The Minstrel,The Mad Hatter,The Clock King.Also,instead of one animated film,why not make it into a new animated series with each episode being a two parter.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I forgot to mention Mr.Freeze among the Batman Villains.I would also add new Villains :The Catman and The Tiger Shark.On occasion,The Catman could team up with The Catwoman,and The Tiger Shark could team up with The Sea Hag against The Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio on occasion.As far as the regular cast goes,it could be:Batman/Bruce Wayne,Robin/Dick Grayson,on occasion Batgirl/Barbara Gordon,Police Commissioner Gordon,Chief O Hara,Alfred,and Aunt Harriet.One more idea:base it on the Batman Filmation Cartoons.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

I'd love to see Joan Collins reprise her role as the Siren. I want a Christmas episode,since the original series never had one (outside of a Santa appearance). I want some romance between Batgirl and Robin.

--jthree
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

AndyFish wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 6:13 am I think it's a great idea.
If they go forward I hope Catwoman isn't a regular character though, no slight to Julie, what made the show fun was the variety of villains.
I agree. That is why I would prefer a TV series along side the anual movies. It would allow for a greater variety of villain and still insure that Julie has plenty of appearances.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Jthree wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 10:44 am I'd love to see Joan Collins reprise her role as the Siren. I want a Christmas episode,since the original series never had one (outside of a Santa appearance). I want some romance between Batgirl and Robin.

--jthree
There are so many opportunities if we could get an animated TV series. As fun as the movies are, one per year just isn't enough time.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

In this new animated Batman Cartoon Series,Joan Collins could voice The Siren,Diane Pershing could voice Poison Ivy,and Pamela Anderson could voice the Skin Diving Villainess,The Sea Hag.Also,David Hasselhof could voice The Tiger Shark.I agree that Batgirl and Robin should have some romance.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I would disagree with any romance with Batgirl. Remember, as Robin himself said, "I'm too young for that stuff." Besides, Barbara has already established an eye for Bruce Wayne('s money). :lol:

Most important, I fear that if that door were to be openned it would lead to something like what was done in The Killing Joke. The innocence of the '66 series should be preserved.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I think that a new Animated Batman Cartoon Series would be excellent.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Neil Patrick Harris could voice The Minstrel.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I would like to see Clint Eastwood voice the Scarecrow.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.Tommy Lee Jones could voice Two Face.