Adam has died

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

SprangFan

Re: Adam has died

Post by SprangFan »

This wonderfully written piece at the NPR site sums up my feelings about Adam, and what he brought to the show, perfectly.

http://www.npr.org/sections/monkeysee/2 ... man-and-me

Very glad he was able to see what he meant to so many before he left us. Love and prayers to his family and friends.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
moparco

Post by moparco »

Gratefull for all the moments of joy and excitement he still gives us. For allways in our hearts..rest in peace Mr West.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Absolutely heartbreaking. Rest in Peace Adam West, you were a true friend to us all and will be terribly missed.
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
dreddbatfan

Post by dreddbatfan »

Last year I went to the Motor City Comic Con and I had the privelage of meeting Adam West and Burt Ward.It was thanks to the great people on this message board that I got vip tickets,I had my picture taken with both of them and I got autographs from both.I know people eventually die but I never thought that it would be my first and last time that I would meet Adam West the original Batman from my childhood.I'm disabled and in a wheelchair and I remember the many days that I spent in the hospital getting needles stuck in me and painfull physical theapy.There was a room in the hospital with a tv in it for the patients to watch to take their minds off of everything and there was days when my family wasn't there that I'd watch Batman on tv and for a short time I didn't mind the pain of everything.I would've never thought that 57 years later that I would meet my childhood hero.So many of my child heroes have passed away and it makes me a little sad that as my years go on that they too fade from memory.But the one that I'll never forget is Batman and Robin,they are and always will be my heroes.Many of the members on this message board have donated parts of their Batman costumes to me so that I to can be Batman.I will eventually have my complete costume and when that day arrives I will proudly display it in tribute to Adam West.Even though he'll never get to see me in it,I know that he would've said looking good,good citizen.The only reason that my costume isn't done yet is because of my health and lack of money.I still need to get the most expensive parts of my costume yet,the boots,gloves and cape.My body being distorted from Rhuematoid Arthritis,it isn't easy to get things to fit me right.I swear by everything that I will get my costume done and I will make Adam proud to be BATMAN.Thanks for letting me vent about my hero and he will be greatly missed by me and everyone on the board,RIP Adam West.
Attachments
image2b.JPG
image2b.JPG (62.07 KiB) Viewed 7968 times
Comic Con.jpg
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

You'll get your costume done I'm sure, and it'll be a great tribute to both the show, and Adam without doubt.

If there's one thing we know about fans of the show, it's that we're a dedicated bunch. From custom costumes to replica Batmobiles and everything inbetween.
Bat_Michael

Post by Bat_Michael »

I have spent years thinking about what would happen when this day finally came. But, because Adam seemed the heathiest of the bunch it seemed like it wouldn't happen for many ages. The news hit me yesterday like a lead balloon. The years that have passed where Adam and Batman were a key part of my growing up, the time I intend to spend introducing my daughter to the series. His legacy will live forever. RIP Mr West.
BatBrain

Post by BatBrain »

Of course, I was very upset to wake up yesterday morning to the news of Adam's passing! I am very young, 22, but I watched Batman reruns on TV Land when I was about 8 and immediately fell in love after my dad put it on for me, which is what began my Batman enthusiasm. Adam West is by far my favorite caped crusader, and I'm so glad we were able to get all from him that we could before he left us! And more to come (animated movie #2) it seems! Anyway, I spent a lot of time yesterday working on this tribute design for Adam. I am a graphic designer and this is how I wanted to show my gratitude. RIP Adam...
Attachments
Batman AW Tribute Full Size Concept-01.jpg
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

A nice piece about him in The Idahoan newspaper. http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/loca ... 26874.html

His four circular entries in the Sun Valley phone books are below. Some locals have posted them on a few sites. Very clever.

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

:cry:
Attachments
facebook_1497220262750.jpg
facebook_1497220262750.jpg (19.03 KiB) Viewed 7899 times
Music. BAT! Music.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

John Mack wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:34 pm:cry:
Fitting, sweet cartoon.

A world's worth of thumbs-up for posting that.
Beneath Wayne Manor
I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

The phenomenal batman and nice guy. There will never be another.
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.
brinkeguthrie

Post by brinkeguthrie »

So sorry to hear that Mr. West died. He will be missed. My remembrance here:

https://medium.com/@brinke/rip-old-chum-ddb0b0699b1c
ZAP_POW

Post by ZAP_POW »

This is a day that we knew was coming, and one that we never wanted to see.

I was able to meet Mr. West several years ago, after waiting to meet him
even more years before that. as a child my mother would let me stay up
late to see my favorite TV hero's fight crime twice a week.

Even now as a adult I still see the child in me as I watch episodes of the show with Adam and Burt in it.

Mr. West was a very kind and funny man in person , he made me feel like I
was the only person in line to meet him that day .... and I have never forgot that.
He WAS a very kind person and that was No acting , that WAS Adam West .

I am saddened by his passing , but I am also happy that he sat with me twice
a week as a Child , .......... Just me and him !!

Thank you Mr. West , you were not just sitting with me, you were sitting
with MANY FANS who have loved you , and now will forever miss you.

Rest in peace my friend .
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

I guess he is needed elsewhere...

R.I.P. Mr. West...

=Frank=
Attachments
BatSignalHeaven.jpg
BatSignalHeaven.jpg (10.14 KiB) Viewed 7871 times
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Since we're sharing our memories, I would like to share these:

The first time I got to meet Mr. West was at a Wizard World Convention in Columbus, Ohio (2010 IIRC) and I was dressed as the Riddler. He saw me and raised his eyebrows and said "Oh MY! Look who's here!" I said:

"Riddle Me THIS! What happened to Bruce Wayne after he lost all of his money in a Ponzi scheme in Gotham City?"

Adam: (thinking hard) "Well...I don't know...what?"

Riddler: Answer: He became the Mayor of Quahog!" (followed by best Frank Gorshin giggle of mockery)\

Adam West genuinely laughed at my ridiculous conundrum, to which I replied:

"Sir...after all the laughs you gave me over the years when I was watching you after school, I'm thankful that I could at least give you ONE.

In St. Louis, when he and Burt were a part of the panel I was the first who got up to ask several questions. One was that if Frank Sinatra had been cast as a special guest villain, whom would it be?

Adam: Mia Farrow.

Me: No...he already did her.

When that silly joke got a good laugh from the adults in the audience, Adam West got on the mic and said

"Isn't it great when the audience has a sense of humor!?"

As Bob Hope said: Thanks for the Memories!