Adam has died

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

tanino008

Re: Adam has died

Post by tanino008 »

Last night was difficult to sleep, I was still shock with Adam´s passing.

I watch some of the special features from the DVD and I put together a little video from some Press conferences I assisted and some old events, and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Please enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe1s2Sk ... xfmgz0i104
Feel free to visit my page
https://www.facebook.com/gamcanal04
rajung

Post by rajung »

This is my second post on this topic,the first was written while stunned after my Daughter told me on Sat.Though I have only talked to him on 3 different occasions I feel like I have lost a close friend.After 51 years of him being my Hero and idol, beginning as a child at 7 yrs old when the show first aired.Always knew this day would come as at some time it does for everyone,but I always told myself many years from now.
I don't do Facebook, and many may have seen this already, but my wife showed me this,this morning on her laptop that someone sent her.
1qnrzt.jpg
danbar

Post by danbar »

Devastated. I realize that seems like an odd choice of words. I was lucky enough to meet Adam a few times, but I did not know him personally, we were not related....... And yet I can't think of another word to express what I feel. Its hard to explain. The loss of your childhood hero is a big deal, and I am deeply saddened, as all of us here are.

It was certainly a shock to me. We had just seen Adam 3 months ago and he seemed the "picture of health" and I had not heard about his illness.

My deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends. He leaves quite a legacy. This loss will be felt for a long time.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

AW TRIBUTE.jpg
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Profile pic - if anyone wants to use it, feel free.
Attachments
Batman In Memoriam Title Card.jpg
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
darkknightrider

Post by darkknightrider »

Farewell My Hero...
thanks for all you've done, your work will live on for years.
you have touched millions of lives around the world. good bye sir.
Attachments
20170610_212845 - Copy - Copy.jpg
The Batker

Post by The Batker »

I met Adam West about two years ago. I had planned to see him before at the same convention but he had to reschedule. Either to a work conflict or health (I can't remember) I was very excited and waited in line for 3 hours to meet him. I'm almost 28 and I've been watching the classic Batman since I was around the age of a toddler. I even own an almost screen Accurate Batman Costume. Adam West was basically one of my heroes. I also realized that at the age of 86, if I didn't meet him now.. then I may never get the chance.

So when I met him, my mind went blank and I couldn't think of anything to say. I'd say that he had been signing for maybe 5 hours at this point? He saw my forearm and there was a slight smile, and he asked what name I wanted for my Autograph. Nervous I struggled to even say my name. My girlfriend indicated that Adam didn't seem to happy to be signing. Which I found myself defending him, this is one of my heroes and I explained, you'd be tired too if you signed for hours.. Let alone at the age of 86. But as I thought about it, My experience with the autograph was a bit lackluster. He definitely wasn't himself. I was a bit disappointed so I decided to at least meet him again and get a picture with him. I waited in line for a while, and then they came out and ask was there anyone who wanted to get a picture with just Adam? (I would of loved to get a picture with Burt ward but my finances were a little low). Anyways I get into the room and he is sitting. They were gonna take his picture with me sitting but he decided to stand for these. At the age of 86, after hours and hours of signing I was shocked that he would stand for a photo, never expected it. He stood beside me and for a few minutes I got to interact with a hero. He was his quirky self and I got to thank him for being a hero to me. He Smiled, and I got to shake his hand. I don't exactly remember what he said to me, I think he thanked me for being a good citizen or something. It meant the world to me. I then attended a Q&A with him and Burt Ward and he was spectacular experience. I can honestly say it feels like I lost a bit of myself. I'm sure many of you feel the same way. There will never be another like him.

RIP Adam, Thank you.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Magnificent tribute Andy. Well done.
Music. BAT! Music.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

John Mack wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:43 pm Magnificent tribute Andy. Well done.
DITTO THAT, Andy Fish! Great job and very touching.
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

It gratifies me to no end to hear about some of you in your 20s who love Adam West and Batman because of his portrayal of it. It undoubtedly gratified Adam too and I know it gratifies his widow and his family members who are going through a very difficult time of transition in their lives. Each and every one of you who have posted here have made me feel comforted and far less alone. I never had the opportunity or privilege to meet Adam in person, and yet I feel like he's a member of my own family, having had him in my living room during the 1970s as a young child, and sporadically throughout the 80s, 90s, 2000s culminating in the DVD set which I received at Christmas a few years ago. Oddly enough I have not been able to bring myself to put in a DVD just yet since learning of Adam's passing. June 9th was an emotional day already for me, as it was my son's final day of 12th grade (his commencement was tonight, June 12th) and June 9th was the anniversary of my mother's passing, so it seemed somehow fitting for me that Adam should have passed as well on 6/9. Blessings to you all...
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

A friend from another forum drove past Adam West's boyhood home yesterday and took a couple of pics. I found them kind of nice.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Sweet tribute, Andy.

Yes, he responded to the signal from On High.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

I've sort of been dreading coming to this site since the news broke, because I really can't find the words. I just don't know what to say. Adam's performance is such a big part of my DNA, as I'm sure many here can relate.

In the end, he was a man, with a soul, and a kind one at that.

I'm happy that in his later life, he seemed very... content. Comfortable with his career, and happy with his life and his family. That's all any of us can ask out of this journey.

My deepest condolences to his family, friends, and those who knew him well. I'm just thankful to have had my life line up with part of his.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I was out and about with Mrs Fish when I got the call Saturday morning and like everyone else I hoped it was wrong-- so I hoped over here to check the site on my phone and sure enough here it was.

Like the rest of you, I have my history with Adam and thought he was going to be with us for many more years, even though I'd heard some rumblings of health issues.

Initially I was stunned and Veronica and I and a few friends went out to dinner at a nice steakhouse and a few rounds of Gin and Tonics in honor of the dinner I'd had with Adam and Fred many years ago. The degree of fan at the table ranged from casual to full on fanatic (I fell towards the upper end) but we all talked about our favorite episodes, ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS and most of all LOOKWELL which has been a huge favorite around our studio for many years. Adam was brilliant in it and it's a shame it never got picked up as a series.

I was sad I didn't make the time to connect with him the last time I had the chance, but hanging in my studio is a really nice letter he sent me about my work, and that always makes me smile when I look at it.

I was sad but then I watched a few episodes again, painful at first but pretty soon I started to laugh again, and nothing brought me out more than this clip-- because Batman should dance more.

THE GREATEST BATUSI EVER.