Adam has died

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Grayvette03

Re: Adam has died

Post by Grayvette03 »

My FB post...

To the Family of Adam West...

I was six years old when Batman premiered on TV. My father was a huge Batman fan and we would watch this show together all the time. We would sometimes talk about something that happened on the show that I didn't understand and my dad would explain it to me. I grew up also a huge Batman fan and have always associated Adam as "my Batman". I discovered a Batman board quite by accident and joined immediately. Becoming a member of 66batman.com was to be a turning point in my life. I saw how others had created bat costumes and props and knew I had to create one too. So my wife and I with the help of tons of information and support from Batman fans built my costume. Now that I had a costume "what do I do with it?" Thankfully I met some fantastic people who work with charity groups and soon became a member in several. I can't relate the great joy I have received over the last four years helping out at hospitals, fund raisers, and charity events.
When I heard that Adam had passed away from Leukemia... I immediately thought of my father who lost his battle to the same disease at such a young age (he was 40).I am just one person who wanted to let the West family know that Adam had a huge impact on my life and I will always be grateful to him/Batman.
Jim Moore

#wearbatman
Attachments
IMG_1242.JPG
Meule

Post by Meule »

For days I was too gutted to come here, still don't really know what to say... RIP Adam
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

tanino008 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:30 pm Last night was difficult to sleep, I was still shock with Adam´s passing.

I watch some of the special features from the DVD and I put together a little video from some Press conferences I assisted and some old events, and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Please enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe1s2Sk ... xfmgz0i104
Hard to watch and not get choked up some. Beautifully done!
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

I can't imagine we will have a harder topic to deal with than this one. So many wonderful tributes from our Batboard "family" have made Adam's passing a bit easier to deal with. I do consider myself lucky that I had a chance to meet Adam several times through the years, and that is something I will always treasure.

I will echo what one of our members posted earlier - I'm so glad Adam had a chance to see the resurgence of interest in the show in recent years, and he did seem to really enjoy himself.

RIP to one of the good ones
K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

Adam Has died....those three words together are very difficult to take. Shocking and traumatic. I know he had a great life and he was 88 but that doesn't make it any easier. I think it is great that he got to see the DVD/Blu-ray finally released. RIP chum.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
logar2

Post by logar2 »

In light of this jarring news of Adam's passing, there has been no reaction from either Scott or Wally. Curious.
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Not curious. Along with Ralph, they probably knew him better than anyone else here. They knew him as a childhood hero, a co-worker, and a friend. It takes time to process such a heavy loss. And grief doesn't have to be public. They will post in their own time, if they feel so inclined.

I wish all of us well as we each cope with this loss in our own way.

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
logar2

Post by logar2 »

Well put and very true. It's a tough loss for everyone.