Adam has died

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

chetchumley

Re: Adam has died

Post by chetchumley »

also just realized ADAM,S PASSING was not long after FRED his agent ;)
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

while reminiscing about ADAM a couple of meomories come to mind when i met him the first was 1987 at a new york con....i was lucky enough to see him on the streets of GOTHAM before his scheduled appearance at the con..as i called out to him he commented to me that i sounded like ORSON WELLS i had a great voice he continued to say,,,another time 1992 atlantic city con at the celebrity dinner held at TRUMP CASTLE the evening of the con..its a long story but i was friends of BURT & TRACY & had told burt i had never met him & ADAM together & wanted a pic w/ them..BURT was nice enough to alert security to allow me bhind the big dais they were seated at to get my picture w/ both ADAM at this time mentioned i loooked & reminded him of himslf when he was younger,,,,,, till this day thats the only time i was photographed w/ both...i was never interested in the photo ops the last few years where u came in as they stood there,,to greet you...plus my pic was free thank you again ADAM !
darthraver

Post by darthraver »

"I never had to say I'm Baman, When I walked into a room everyone knew" ...Adam West

was always my favorite quote.. R.I.P good sir you will be missed...
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

This was supposed to be a great day for me. A trip I had been looking forward to for weeks. Then I woke up this morning to this terrible news and now I can't focus on anything else.

Despite his age he has always appeared to be in such great health (at least publicly) so this passing seemed sudden, shocking and unexpected. It really hurt.

I am so greatful that we still have one last Bat adventure to go. "Batman: The Caped Crusaders vs Two Face!" I will truly be looking forward to this more than any other.
Rest In Peace Mr. West and thank you for the memories.
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Really sad news, but he leaves such a rich legacy....he brought so much joy and entertainment to people. I became a Batman fan watching reruns of the series when I was four or five.

Like so many of you posted, I'm glad he lived to see the show enjoy a resurgence and that he got to see (and hopefully profit) from the 66 merchandising. Whether he knew it or not, his portrayal of Batman made the world a better, more fun, place.
Batman42

Post by Batman42 »

RIP Adam glad I have the TV series prayers and thoughts to his family
Andrew UK
ELVIS

Post by ELVIS »

No real words, other than THANK YOU for being part of my happiest childhood memories. We all love you.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Both ABC and CBS noted "the passing of a TV legend" on their evening news--NBC was showing the Belmont Stakes. As opposed to holding it to the end of the broadcast, both had it midway through. CBS showed clips from the first Joker eps, while ABC had an actual story on it--for obvious reasons. Oddly, they used more clips from the movie, with the only episode clip coming from a Louie the Lilac episode. :?:

Even the local news noted his passing, which they tend to reserve for legends. The anchor, a female in her late 40's, began by saying, "I liked this show," as generic clips and photos were shown on the screen before then concluding by saying, "Aw, I liked him." We all did. :cry:
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Dr. Shimel wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:51 pm Both ABC and CBS noted "the passing of a TV legend" on their evening news--NBC was showing the Belmont Stakes. As opposed to holding it to the end of the broadcast, both had it midway through. CBS showed clips from the first Joker eps, while ABC had an actual story on it--for obvious reasons. Oddly, they used more clips from the movie, with the only episode clip coming from a Louie the Lilac episode. :?:

Even the local news noted his passing, which they tend to reserve for legends. The anchor, a female in her late 40's, began by saying, "I liked this show," as generic clips and photos were shown on the screen before then concluding by saying, "Aw, I liked him." We all did. :cry:
I just saw both clips on ABC and CBS, then the real tears hit as the reality of it settles in. 51 yrs old here and just absolutely heartbroken here, as are all of us.
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

This one really hurts.

R.I.P. Adam. Your legacy will endure as it has done for the last 50+ years.
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

No mention whatsoever on Norway news , only trivial sports news.....shame on them :(
marmaly

Post by marmaly »

Farewell Caped Crusader. You will be missed.
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

"Who is the hero that we like best? Got to be the Batman. Got to be Adam West"

RIP

"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Graffiti Batgirl is sad by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Wow! Facebook's flashback facility has amazing timing!

Exactly two years ago, I saw this "Graffiti Batgirl" taped to a pole in Broadway, Sydney, and it came up again today. Now we know why Graffiti Batgirl was sad... R.I.P. Adam West.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

I am saddened by Adam's death, though I have to admit having experienced death in family and with a friend this past year, I'm more philosophical about the loss in that as a fan of Adam for what he brought to me the "relationship" I feel to him, like with any other actor who leaves us, will continue in the form of his great legacy of work left to us. For those who knew him on a personal level and to his family, my prayers and sympathies for a loss that is even deeper to them.

The thing to most admire about Adam is how even though his identification as "Batman" did lead to career setbacks for him, he didn't let it destroy him the way it happened with George Reeves. He had the strength of character to move beyond them and enjoy the legacy he left to so many over multiple generations.