My personal moment of appreciation for Adam West

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

TP-6597

My personal moment of appreciation for Adam West

Post by TP-6597 »

Not that all of us don't spend countless hours every year appreciating him, the show, and all who were part of it, but I wanted to take a moment out of my regular routine to focus on Adam West As Batman. I did so last night.

Without getting too far off track; I'm a moderator on a Star Wars board. Being a fan of only the 1977 version of the original film, I'm a bit of an anomaly, even on our board (it deals primarily with the first three films). I was ecstatic when Rogue One came out and instantly recognized it as being by far the best anything to carry the name Star Wars (to me). It's perfect in every way. It was worth the 40 year wait.

As a sort of celebration of finally getting a second Star Wars film after 40 years, I've set up what I call my Summer Of Rogue. Every Sunday evening I pour myself a drink with my Death Star ice cube, put on one of my four pairs of Rogue One socks, and watch Rogue One. I'm currently coming up 20 viewings and loving it more each time.

With the unexpected passing of Mr. West, I wasn't really in the mood for my usual Sunday night viewing. I decided to make the evening my Sunday Of Batman and put my regular film on hold. I poured a nice rose', put on my well-worn 1966 Batman shirt, and watched the 1966 film. I just wanted an evening where I wasn't focusing on the passage of time, the sad news, or the countless tributes in the media. Those were all very nice and very telling as to the cultural impact the show and Mr. West's portrayal have had for the past half century, but they were also a reminder of our sad week.

It was a great tangent to my usual Sunday night. It was nice to just watch the film and be transported to a simpler time. I suspect I may do it again a few more times this year. Not really sure how I feel about all this. It's just sort of washing over me until I find a place for it. It seems surreal.

TV and Apple TV controls, T-shirt, and Bluetooth headphones. If I could find 66-specific socks, I would have had them on. ;-)

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Ben Bentley

Re: My personal moment of appreciation for Adam West

Post by Ben Bentley »

That sounds like a great Sunday evening!