The best Adam West tribute I've seen

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Progress Pigment

The best Adam West tribute I've seen

Post by Progress Pigment »

Love Ralph Garman & Kevin Smith! Ralph Garman was West's closest friend within modern fandom, and busted his butt to get Adam a star on the walk of fame. I can't watch this without tearing up. Bless this guy.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAavLplaL0M[/youtube]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVKlNVcg7uy ... 8377218%7D
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Dan E Kool

Re: The best Adam West tribute I've seen

Post by Dan E Kool »

Thanks for sharing this. I'm sure Adam is smiling down from where he is now.
RIP and condolences to all who knew him.
- Boy Genius
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

That is really fantastic, yet heartbreaking.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Already saw it some weeks back; got teary eyes with that. You can feel how big Adam was, a true icon, and how his passing affected Ralph and Kevin Smith as well. But, as sad as his passing is, his legacy will live forever, and his work will still giving too much joy to people.
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

Definitely a tear-jerker. Extremely extremely well done. I feel a lot like these two gentlemen, even though I myself never had the privilege of meeting Adam.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yeah it was.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Speechless...
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

I guess some people are bigger fans than others however most of us didn't have the kind of access those that knew and worked with him had. I met Adam at a Comic Con in Philadelphia. Me and my son entered the tent, we spoke for a few moments on maybe the pilot Lookwell. Maybe we did a knuckle pound. It is so hard to remember, it was so brief. I remember feeling like I wanted to say so much more. It was like the movie, Cristmas Story. I was Ralphie finally sitting on Santa's lap but couldn't remember for the life of me the Daisy Red Rider Bebe gun. I was awestruck and somewhat tongue tied. I did however, have a much longer exchange with Julie Newmar. She clutched my forearm and said I was so sweet. I don't care how much older she is--The grooviest Catwoman of all grabbed my arm. I haven't washed it yet--lol.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

K.G. Bird wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:09 am I guess some people are bigger fans than others however most of us didn't have the kind of access those that knew and worked with him had. I met Adam at a Comic Con in Philadelphia. Me and my son entered the tent, we spoke for a few moments on maybe the pilot Lookwell. Maybe we did a knuckle pound. It is so hard to remember, it was so brief. I remember feeling like I wanted to say so much more. It was like the movie, Cristmas Story. I was Ralphie finally sitting on Santa's lap but couldn't remember for the life of me the Daisy Red Rider Bebe gun. I was awestruck and somewhat tongue tied. I did however, have a much longer exchange with Julie Newmar. She clutched my forearm and said I was so sweet. I don't care how much older she is--The grooviest Catwoman of all grabbed my arm. I haven't washed it yet--lol.
Don't ever wash it. leave it just as it is for something to tell your grandchildren about.

--jthree