Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

elmrgraham

Re: Your Favorite Batman '66 Comics

Post by elmrgraham »

Ok Scott.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

Scott Sebring wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:38 am Just directing traffic... mind the speed limit... single file...
lol

I'd be interested in getting that "screen test costume" story mentioned earlier. It's visual stuff like that which I think the comic series did well. That's where the fun came from for me. The "British Batmobile" from the Mad Hatter in London story was another good one.
screenshot_2017-07-10-21-22-53 (1).png
- Boy Genius
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I'm surprised that no one has yet to mention "The Two-Way Crimes Of Two-Face". IMO one of the highlights of the series. Not so much the story itself which I think would have played out better in live action but, because it gave us one last adventure that was SUPPOSED to be a part of the series thus truly connecting the comics to the TV series.

That being said I still enjoyed the story (and the puns like "TWODLEOO!" lol) it's just that I was more thrilled by the fact that it was even made.

The Boss

Post by The Boss »

While re-reading "Batman '66 Meets The Green Hornet"! I picked up on a joke that completely went over my head the first time.

After the train is stopped by Colonel Gumm's adhesive Kato asked "What kind of glue is 'more powerful than a locomotive'?" Of course I got the Superman reference as well as the "straight" meaning of "it stopped a moving train" but I missed the alternate meaning... What kind of glue is more powerful than a locomotive? Why SUPER glue of course. :lol: So simple but by going back and finding those hidden jokes it's just like re-experiencing the TV series as an adult. Very well done.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Batman 66 meets The Green Hornet is one my personal highlights of the whole run. For me it was one of the fleeting moments in the '66 Comic run where I feel the tone of those performers voices were actually captured and hands down that has to be as a result of a genuine understanding and love of the show. I feel that a lot of the other writers across the run had fond yet slightly foggy and somewhat rose-tinted recollections of the show, whereby something like "Surf's Up" would be considered the archetype as opposed to the first season for example.