The Penguin Goes Straight question

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

66wasbest

The Penguin Goes Straight question

Post by 66wasbest »

Like so many batfans I've seen the Penguin Goes Straight eps. over the years numerous times.Please forgive me if I missed something in the storyline,but my question concerns the crook Penguin captures at the theater.Was he really working for The Penguin or was it just a coincidence the crook showed up at the theater?Thanks in advance.
Yellow Oval

Re: The Penguin Goes Straight question

Post by Yellow Oval »

My take on it was it was set up by the Penguin in advance. I believe the TV show starts after Penguin puts his plan into action in order to to confound the viewers as much as the startled theatergoers.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Yellow Oval wrote:My take on it was it was set up by the Penguin in advance. I believe the TV show starts after Penguin puts his plan into action in order to to confound the viewers as much as the startled theatergoers.
That seemed to be a familiar theme with the Penguin stories: in the election episode opening, he stops a guy robbing a blind newsdealer; in the opening of the three-part team-up with Marsha, the apparent armored car robbery turns out to be part of his "film."
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

I thought the interrogation room scene of him kind of confirmed that he was working for Penguin when they pointed out that Penguin wouldn't have brought a bullet proof umbrella to a matinee unless he was expecting a machine gun attack.

No coincidence that his first victim was Sophia Starr either.
penguin

Post by penguin »

Penguin is a master criminal! He would have had everything planned out long before he went to the theater.