Exclusive preview! "Batman '66 Meets The Legion Of Super-Heroes"

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

The Boss

Exclusive preview! "Batman '66 Meets The Legion Of Super-Heroes"

Post by The Boss »

Hopefully this is not really the going to be the last issue (this being a one shot DC would need 5 more issues just to fill out another 6 issue hardcover compilation book) of our beloved comic. I myself have several ideas for more. In the meantime here is an exclusive preview of the "final" Batman '66 comic, "Batman '66 Meets The Legion Of Super-Heroes"
http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-prev ... -heroes-1/
Therin of Andor

Re: Exclusive preview! "Batman '66 Meets The Legion Of Super-Heroes"

Post by Therin of Andor »

SPOILER ALERT!

Just read my issue, which I picked up on Thursday, and quite enjoyed it. Not sure if I missed a few in-jokes and cameo appearances. The boy who cut O'Hara's hair was a bit weird.

I only ever read a few random "Legion of Super-Heroes" as a kid in the 60s, and the banter in this was reminiscent of that era. I always preferred the interactions between the "Teen Titans". As an Egghead fan, I am egg-static to see him return for what may be the swansong. Hoping DC continues to do more crossover mini-series and one-shots, I guess even for those collectors who simply must have every issue with a "#1" on the cover!

Griffin Park in Batman meets the Legion by Ian McLean, on Flickr

And a cameo of the iconic Griffith Park Observatory in Los Angeles as "Griffin Park" in Gotham City (above) was a delight. The full-page board game (below), as a way of adding more cameos and also moving the plot ahead, was rather clever. Was that something iconic to old "Legion of Super-Heroes"?

Batman meets the Legion board game by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Dan E Kool

Re: Exclusive preview! "Batman '66 Meets The Legion Of Super-Heroes"

Post by Dan E Kool »

Therin of Andor wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:42 pm The boy who cut O'Hara's hair was a bit weird.
Say no more. I'm sold.
- Boy Genius