What Further Adventures Would You Like To See In Batman '66?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

The Boss

Re: What Further Adventures Would You Like To See In Batman '66?

Post by The Boss »

One more comment at about a potential Inspector Clouseau story before I move on. I also see a great way to use Chief Inspecter Dreyfus. After the initial introduction as mentioned earlier we will hear from him later when news of the Pink Panther's theft has reached Paris (no internet in those days). Dreyfus begins to panic knowing that Clouseau is now in the middle of a potential international crisis. "Don't worry." Sgt. Francois Duval assures him. "I understand that Gotham City's ace crime fighters are on the case. If anyone can find the diamond they can." to which Dreyfus replies, "And if anyone can fowl up their efforts it's Clouseau. No. Our only chance if for me to fly to America and take charge of this case myself. Charter the first flight to Gotham City."

Shortly before his arrival Batman and Robin uncover the location of Marsha's hideout. Batman calls the commisioner on the Batmobile Batphone, informs Gordon of the location and tells him to have Chief O'Hara and his men stand by. Before entering the hideout Batman suggests that Clouseau go around back and ambush the crooks as the Dynamic Duo go through the front and "distract them". Clouseau agrees. "Gosh Batman, do you think that was a goid idea? Leaving him alone like that." asks Robin. "I had to old chum." replies Batman, "This is our one chance to take them by surprise. Stand clear!" Batman throws the Batrope and they Batclimb up the wall to a window.

(Meanwhile...) Clouseau is struggling to find his own way into the building. After climbing and struggling for several minutes he manages to make it to a balcony. After finally making it to the balcony he takes a breath, turns and falls! It turns out that this "balcony" is actually a fire escape complete with ladder. Clouseau shakes his head, "(Sigh) I knewe zat, I knewe zat."

(Meanwhile...) Marsha is admiring the Pink Panther diamond as The Dynamic Duo make their presence known. "Surrender that gem!" Marsha poo-poos the idea. "Oh, really darling. Do you actually think I would give up my most precious of gems without a fight?" Boys!" A huge Batfight ensues.

(Meanwhile...) The Inspector has reached the roof and sees a way in but, someone is following him and attacks! "Cato not now you fewl!" Clouseau Battles Cato on the roof as Batman and Robin battle Marsha's goons. Just as the goons have been finished off and it appears that Batman is about to recover the gem, Clouseau crashes through the roof (his fall consiquently causes Cato to miss his flying kick thus hitting his head and knocking himself out) and lands on the Caped Crusaders foiling their arrest attempt. Marsha now has them prisoner.

(Meanwhile...) at Gotham police headquarters Dreyfus has arrived and introduces himself. "I'm surprised to see you Chief Inspector." says Gordon. "I was under the impression that Inspector Clouseau was more than up for the task of recovering the missing Pink Panther Diamond." Dreyfus laughs, "That louse couldn't find soap on a rope. He's a complete basket case.
A clumsy, moronic, idiot without an once of common sence! He's a stupid..." The Chief Inspector begins to wink rappidly as he has neerly given himself a stroke just thinking about his hatred for Clouseau but, manages to pull himself together. "Wha, what I mean to say is, being in such unfimiliar surroundings I thought that the Inspector could... um, use some help. "

"You needn't worry about that. Clouseau is currently being assisted by Batman and Robin, ace Gotham agents. Why it wasn't 15 minutes ago when Batman himself told me that they were moving in on the diabolical damsel of diamonds." says Gordon. "Then you know were they are?" Asks Dreyfus. "Shuren we do." Replies O'Hara, "They're at the (I haven't decided yet)." "Well, what are we waiting for?" Asks Dreyfus, "Let's go!"

(Meanwhile...) Clouseau - under the influence of Marsha's latest love potion - pledges his eternal love for Marsha and promises that she will get to keep the Pink Panther as Batman and Robin are chained in a cage awaiting their turn while Aunt Hilda mixes up a new batch. "This new batch might not be as strong deery but it will be enough to persuade them to give you their eternal admiration." to which Marsha replies, "Admiration? Not love?" "Well, the dove feathers were drying up and I had to spice it up with a few friendship arrows." says Aunt Hilda. "FRIENDSHIP?!" yells the horrified Marsha, "How droll. Oh, well. Use it on the Boy Wonder. He's too young anyway."

"Gosh. It looks bad Batman." Says Robin. "Maintain adrenal control Robin." Replies Batman, "There's still a chance. If I can just get to my universal Bat lock pick."

(Meanwhile...) Outside of the hideout the police prepare to move in but Dryfus starts imagioning any number of potentially humiliating predicaments that Clouseau could be in. "Um, wait gentlemen, knowing Clouseau's techniques as well as I do, I think that it would be best if I went in first... so not to disrupt him. You follow in five minutes."

(Meanwhile...) back inside the hideout Batman has unlocked the cage. "Prepare to move on my mark. Three. Two. One..." "FREEZE! Nobody move!" Yells Dreyfus as he enters with gun drawn. "HOLY HOLD UPS!" yells Robin. Dreyfus spots Clouseau, a groveling, slobbering mess. Worshiping at the feet of Marsha. "Clouseau get up you baffoon!"You're making a fool of the entire French police force." As he grabs Clouseau by the arm and pulls him up. "No!" Yells Clouseau, still under the effcts of the potion "I vant tew be wiz Marshia!"Dreyfus turns his attention to Marsha. "And as for you, I'll take posession of that diamond if you please." Dreyfus grabs the Pink Panther and then laughs at Clouseau. "So you're the world's greatest detective huh? HA! While you were lying here Groveling at the feet of this thief, I have the Pink Panther in hand in mere seconds." Clouseau becomes enraged with jealousy. "Zat ees Marshia's dia-mond! Geev et back!" Clouseau attempts to wrestle the diamond away from Dreyfus. "Clouseau! Unhand me you nincompoop!" The Pink Panther goes flying into the air as the two men crash through a table into the wall where the Pink Panther clunks Clouseau on the head.

"Now Robin!" Seeing their opportunity the Dynamic Duo break from their cage and engage in another Batfight with Marsha's goons. Meanwhile Aunt Hilda continues to mix her potion completely oblivious to what has been going on. As the Caped Crusaders subdue the goons Batman tells Robin to slap the Batcuffs on Marsha.

Just then Clouseau starts to come to no longer under the spell of the love potion. "Ohhhh! I have a bimp on my head." "A 'bimp'?" Asks the semi conscious Dreyfus. Clouseau looks over and sees Dreyfus. "Sheef Inspector Dreyfus. Yew are in-jored! Fear not! I weel revive yew!" Aunt Hilda turn around with her potion, "It's ready deery." "Water!" Says Clouseau "Shust wat I need!" "But, that's my poti..." Clouseau grabs the gobblet and runs toward Dreyfus. In doing so he steps on the Pink Panther, slips and spills the potion all over Dreyfus.

Clouseau sees what he stumbled on and quickly grabs it. "Ah-HA! Zee case she is sol-ved!" Clouseau then hears Dreyfus start to cone to. ""are yew ok sheef Inspector?" Dreyfus awakes to see Clouseau and is suddenly his biggest admirer. Chief O'Hara and the police come in to take Marsha, Aunt Hilda and the goons into custody.

Back at Police Headquarters Gordon congratulates Batman and Robin for capturing Marsha and Inspector Clouseau for recovering the Pink Panther. Dreyfus continues to pledge his eternal admiration and friendship for Clouseau and even offers to carry his bags to the airport.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

Nice job, Boss! That was an entertaining read. Thanks for sharing!
- Boy Genius
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Boss, you really need to hook up with a good artist and bring these to life - even if it's just fan art. Another idea: Show Clouseau worshiping Marsha, but still being as clumsy with her as he was with Capucine in the movie... :lol:
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Dan E Kool wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:09 pm Nice job, Boss! That was an entertaining read. Thanks for sharing!
chrisbcritter wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:39 pm Boss, you really need to hook up with a good artist and bring these to life - even if it's just fan art.
Thank you for the compliments. Too often on this forum I get insulted for my ideas so, I'm really greatful for the occasional word of praise.
Another idea: Show Clouseau worshiping Marsha, but still being as clumsy with her as he was with Capucine in the movie... :lol:
I like it. I actually wrote it completely from memory as I have not watched the Pink Panther films for some time. I'm currently watching them now ("The Pink Panther" yesterday, "A Shot In The Dark" tonight and the rest on subsequent days) to refamiliarize myself with the characters.

Also, I must apologize for all of the typos. I made the post from my phone which only gives a small screen with which to see the text. After so many lines it won't even allow me to scroll properly in order to proof read. Plus I wrote almost all of that last post as I typed. Fresh, right off the top of my head. lol

BTW, while watching "A Shot In The Dark" I noticed a Batman connection. The film features George Sanders who would later go on to portray the first Mr. Freeze.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

The Boss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:47 am Also, I must apologize for all of the typos. I made the post from my phone which only gives a small screen with which to see the text. After so many lines it won't even allow me to scroll properly in order to proof read.
Tell me about it. I like to do a little writing myself, but all I have is this tablet. Let's just say it's taught me a lot of... patience.
:x
- Boy Genius
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

The Boss wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:47 amThank you for the compliments. Too often on this forum I get insulted for my ideas so, I'm really greatful for the occasional word of praise.
There's nothing wrong with writing fictional stories--other people here have done it as well. The main criticism was your seeming insistence that any scrap of film of Adam and Burt should be pieced together with some other marginally-connected subject to form some manufactured story. Regardless, good luck on your writing.