When Binge Watching The TV Series When Do You Watch The Movie?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

The Boss

When Binge Watching The TV Series When Do You Watch The Movie?

Post by The Boss »

When you watch the entire series at what point do you watch the movie? Do you watch it first? Do you watch it after the first season? Do you wait until the end of the series or do you not watch it at all? Me personally, I watch it at the end of the series. . But what do you do?
John Mack

Re: When Binge Watching The TV Series When Do You Watch The Movie?

Post by John Mack »

Having only the movie to watch for so long, I haven't watched it since the DVDs of the series have been released. That being said, I haven't watched the series episodes in order since I got the set. I watched them in order once. Now, I watch my favorite episodes only. And this may sound weird, but now that they're available anytime, I haven't watched an episode in months. Kinda like not having money for steak, then all of a sudden you do so you eat it every night. Then, one night you just stop and have a salad.
Music. BAT! Music.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

John Mack wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:29 am Having only the movie to watch for so long, I haven't watched it since the DVDs of the series have been released. That being said, I haven't watched the series episodes in order since I got the set. I watched them in order once. Now, I watch my favorite episodes only. And this may sound weird, but now that they're available anytime, I haven't watched an episode in months. Kinda like not having money for steak, then all of a sudden you do so you eat it every night. Then, one night you just stop and have a salad.
I know what you mean. When the only to watch was syndicated or A cable channel it was a big deal when your favorite episode came on. With episode guides you could tell when they were coming and get excited about it.

With DVDs and being able to watch when ever you want it is not a big deal. Appointment TV isn't such a ibg thing when you don't need an appointment.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I would put the movie at the beginning since it was intended as a pilot.It doesn't make sense at the end of first season since the firs tCatwoman arc of S2 references that she was thought dead.

It could go at the end of S2 since it uses season two music cues and fight music. It couldn't go after season 3, no Batgirl and Robin doesn't drive.
dell

Post by dell »

I never felt that the movie had any time relationship with the TV show so it doesn't matter to me.

And really, you could watch the TV episodes in just about any order too. Although, it would probably work best if you watched episodes with the same villain in proper order. What I am saying is you could watch all Joker episodes in order, then all Penguin episodes in order, then all Catwoman episodes in order, etc. The only thing that would be odd would be Batgirl showing up and then disappearing as you switched villains and went back from season 3 to season 1 or 2.
dell
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

dell wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:28 am Although, it would probably work best if you watched episodes with the same villain in proper order.
That means you have to watch the Clock King episodes before Minstrel, since CK gets mentioned--even though they hadn't faced him yet. :lol: