King Tut season 3 episodes

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

HoustonBatFan

King Tut season 3 episodes

Post by HoustonBatFan »

I'm sure this has been covered before and I apologize for being late on it, but can anyone tell me why King Tut's appearances in season 3 (episode 100 The Unkindest Tut of All & episode 117 I'll Be a Mummy's Uncle) appear to be a 2-parter that was split into two standalone episodes?

I enjoyed them both, but the plots are so similar, with KT learning the location of the Batcave/Batman's identity and threatening to tell the world. Even the "Bat dummy" duplicates of Batman & Robin make appearances in both episodes. Sure appears as though they were shot at the same time and originally intended to be a single story.
Dr. Shimel

Re: King Tut season 3 episodes

Post by Dr. Shimel »

The Egghead/Olga stories were supposed to be one three-parter, but they changed a couple scenes and split into two arcs.
HoustonBatFan

Re: King Tut season 3 episodes

Post by HoustonBatFan »

Yeah, the KT episodes of which I spoke also had the same writer & director; they were definitely meant to be a 2-parter at one time. I figured some expert here would know the reason, but considering these eps and the Egghead/Olga story, they must've decided at some point during production of season 3 that they needed to do some episode schedule reshuffling.

On another note, rewatching these episodes has made me really appreciate Victor Buono's work. He was a young, hip guy at the time and he really got it. His comic timing was perfect; while the show could often be merely corny, he was actually funny. One of the best guests the show ever had.