Best molls?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Progress Pigment

Re: Best molls?

Post by Progress Pigment »

Dr. Shimel wrote:
HONK wrote:Egghead's Miss Bacon (Gail Hire) - a great performance, considering it was about her only screen credit - whatever happened to her?
She's actually an accomplished artist. Here's her website:

http://www.gailbruce.com/
http://paulknatz.blogspot.com/2010/10/p ... bruce.html

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

Progress Pigment wrote:
Dr. Shimel wrote:
HONK wrote:Egghead's Miss Bacon (Gail Hire) - a great performance, considering it was about her only screen credit - whatever happened to her?
She's actually an accomplished artist. Here's her website:

http://www.gailbruce.com/
http://paulknatz.blogspot.com/2010/10/p ... bruce.html

Prior to her appearance in 'Batman' she had played one of the female leads in Howard Hawks' motor-racing drama 'Red Line 7000' (1965).
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

Progress Pigment wrote:Molly! The series' alpha moll. I question how loyal she was to The Riddler. The Mole Hill Mob were more like hired mercenaries. She was no Pauline. I could see her turning on 'question mark boy'. Molly even made it into the comics! In 1972 a Batman love interest named 'Molly', who was not connected with The Riddler but looked exactly like Jill St. John appeared. Coincidence? The closest second to Molly was 'Zelda the Great --' who was basically a moll for Eivol Ekdol. Titles aside, she was doing the bidding of a criminal genius. Not too awfully different from 'Blaze'. The 3rd best moll.

We never learn how the Riddler took the news of her death...
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

Too true, and I always wondered how he reacted, or even if he had cared. I still hate that she died on the show. Always a bummer :(
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

BatmanFan102 wrote:Too true, and I always wondered how he reacted, or even if he had cared. I still hate that she died on the show. Always a bummer :(
I can't imagine The Riddler being too bothered... he seemed to have had a limitless supply of foxy little minxes to take her place...
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

During that first season, Riddler also had Susan Silo, Linda Gaye Scott and Sherry Jackson as molls. Talk about a Terrific Trio!
Mr Chronos

Post by Mr Chronos »

As you can probably tell by my username my favorite moll is Eileen O'Neill as the gorgeous Millie-Second. Having seen the first scene when she coos over the jewels and Clock Kings secret TV unit to the fact that behind the cuteness there is a greed for more is great. Plus those amazing legs of hers! They look even better in HD!
Mr Chronos

Post by Mr Chronos »

A nice one of Millie and Clock King. Can't seem to find any more of these promo shots or HD images of her. Think they only did one or have been destroyed! :(
Attachments
millieandck.jpg
millieandck.jpg (82.31 KiB) Viewed 4330 times
Tom1980

Post by Tom1980 »

That's a great photo Mr Chronos, thanks for sharing. Millie was gorgeous, but poor girl was not too bright. She has some simple instructions to stay out of sight and keep watch, but (cue her great line and dumb expression) isn't sure she'll remember all that.

I often wonder what sentencing Millie (and the other molls) got? While some of them (Moth, Miss Limpet) get a reprimand from Batman in the final moments, they deserve what they get for playing quite an active part in the crime, while Millie didn't do much but dust the clocks and look nice.
Mr Chronos

Post by Mr Chronos »

The best description of Millie I can find is from Tom Lisanti. Love when the Clock King is getting things ready for the big job and she replies 'This sure is tingly!' You can also see the disappointment on her face when CK is stopped. Like to think she did not 'serve much time' in jail! :D 8-)

http://sixtiescinema.com/2014/07/16/mol ... en-oneill/
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Millie was one of the most ineffectual molls. She didn't do anything except stand around holding a feather duster.
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

Dr. Shimel wrote:During that first season, Riddler also had Susan Silo, Linda Gaye Scott and Sherry Jackson as molls. Talk about a Terrific Trio!
Not to mention Betsy Boldface in Series Three: too bad we didn't see her get overpowered and tied up by Batgirl!