Best molls?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

clavierankh

Re: Best molls?

Post by clavierankh »

KInd of funny now that I think of it. The first mol's name was Moll-y.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

I never really thought of it that way, but yeah.
Riddler Fan

Post by Riddler Fan »

I'd say Pauline from Riddler's silent movie two parter. She was drop dead gorgeous and thoroughly evil. As was Anna Gramm from the Astin-Riddler episodes.
exm

Post by exm »

My vote goes to:

The Mad Hatter's Lisa (Diane McBain) - they were kind of like a demented Steed and Emma Peel couple

Joker's Queenie (Nancy Kovack)

Egghead's Miss Bacon (Gail Hire) - a great performance, considering it was about her only screen credit - whatever happened to her?
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

According to IMDB.com, she married a guy named Murray Bruce, had 1 child, and that was pretty much it.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

HONK wrote:Egghead's Miss Bacon (Gail Hire) - a great performance, considering it was about her only screen credit - whatever happened to her?
She's actually an accomplished artist. Here's her website:

http://www.gailbruce.com/
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

Anna Graham sprang instantly to mind when I read the question about the most wicked, useful, and good looking moll. Unfortunately, her costume, which was intended to appear to be composed of puzzle pieces, did not come off well. Nevertheless, she overcomes this handicap.

Riddler uses her early on to enable him to steal the golden calf and later to act as Professor Charm's hostess. In the end, she is still feisty and vicious in defeat as the police arrive to apprehend the gang.

Anna Graham is a strong element in a very good, highly underappreciated story.

Reading over other choices, Blaze is very strong until she falls for Batman, but this turn around was an important element in a strong story.

I agree with the comments on Chickadee, too.

Finally, Pussycat was Catwoman's protoge' and an integral part of her plan.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Too bad The Riddler did not let Anna Gram go on that Scuba Diving Bank Robbery with them.She would have looked great in a Scuba Diving Wetsuit.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Really good choices and points - I missed a lot of good molls...
:)
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Diane McBain (Lisa) and Leslie Parrish (Glacia Glaze) also were versatile enough to play another role on the show: Diane was Pinky Pinkston in the Green Hornet eps and Leslie Parrish was Dawn Robbins in the first Penguin appearance.
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Chickadee. Completely loyal to Pengy, looked great in the fish nets, and was more than happy to kill both O'Hara and poor Aunt Harriet.

"Stop Batman. Stop or I blow the lady's brains out"

She was hardcore.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

Riddlersgurl wrote:Molly was pretty good; she was loyal to Riddler, very intelligent, and more than willing to help him pull his crimes.

She wasn't infatuated with Batman either; she was just stringing him along to keep him distracted while her boss and his henchmen made off with Robin.

Mousey seemed to be more of a straightforward girlfriend than a moll. She had affection for the Riddler, went along with the crime, but wasn't really into it except for the kicks.

Anna, I think, was the most vicious of them. She was more than willing to get into a dustup with the police, and kicked Robin in the shin while being held by the two cops.

Pauline....hmmmm....I'd have to think about her. I can't really guess as to her motivation (it's been a while since I've seen the episode.) but she definitely was vicious.

Moth....seemed to have all the common sense of a flea.

Susie? Not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but semi passable.

Lydia Limpet was pretty good; they definitely should have brought her and Bookworm back for another episode.
Anna Gram as written had a brassy, adventurous personality and got to wear easily the sexiest costume of any Batman henchbabe: but Deanna Lund is totally miscast; she looks far too anxious and timid for a bold, sexy young thrill-seeker.

Step forward Susan Silo as Mousey, who is held back only by a soppy name and that she's not been given a catsuit to wear. If she had she would long ago have been recognised as the sexiest Batman babe of them all - her relationship with the Riddler obviously a physical one (as is well conveyed both by the performances of both Miss Silo and Frank Gorshin).

The producers presumably felt that Liberace needed three foxy henchbabes to make up for his lack of obvious - er - virilty, and Doe, Rae and Mimi made a suitably tasty trio; especially Marilyn Hanold dressed as a Scottish Ghost...

Which leaves Francine York as Lydia Limpet: probably the most intelligent 'Batman' babe, who got to wear a sexy red catsuit and boots (although unfortunately it was ditched for a less interesting black version in Episode Two) and was very attractively played by Miss Francine York...
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Molly! The series' alpha moll. I question how loyal she was to The Riddler. The Mole Hill Mob were more like hired mercenaries. She was no Pauline. I could see her turning on 'question mark boy'. Molly even made it into the comics! In 1972 a Batman love interest named 'Molly', who was not connected with The Riddler but looked exactly like Jill St. John appeared. Coincidence? The closest second to Molly was 'Zelda the Great --' who was basically a moll for Eivol Ekdol. Titles aside, she was doing the bidding of a criminal genius. Not too awfully different from 'Blaze'. The 3rd best moll.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Dr. Shimel wrote:
HONK wrote:Egghead's Miss Bacon (Gail Hire) - a great performance, considering it was about her only screen credit - whatever happened to her?
She's actually an accomplished artist. Here's her website:

http://www.gailbruce.com/
http://paulknatz.blogspot.com/2010/10/p ... bruce.html

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!