If You Could Have Met....

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Yellow Oval

If You Could Have Met....

Post by Yellow Oval »

It has occurred to me numerous times when watching the show or movie that most of those who were involved are sadly no longer with us. That said, many of us have had the good fortune to meet Adam, Burt, Julie, Lee M. and some others that guest starred in the show such as Francine York (Bookworm's Ms. Lydia Limpet) who still makes the rounds at conventions as well. I have met both Adam and Burt twice in Montreal. Once at the 1976 International Auto Show and last year at Montreal's 2011 ComicCon (Burt was kind enough to speak with me for almost 15 minutes!). I now find I really would have liked to meet Cesar Romero who was my all-time favorite villain as he both simultaneously entertained and scared the daylights out of me as a kid. His wide eyes, arched eyebrows and bone-chilling laugh will never, for me, be replaced. Are there any you wish you could have met if you would have had the chance?
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Catfan

Re: If You Could Have Met....

Post by Catfan »

I would have liked to have met Victor Buono, as well as Burgess Meredith and Frank Gorshin. As per Frank, I came mighty close when I saw him perform in Hershey, PA in March 2005, but barely—BARELY—missed him.

For those still with us, I am sure Jill St. John would top this list. I would also not mind meeting Ziva Rodann and Jean Hale!
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

I would have loved to have met Frank at one point.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Haven't met anyone from the show, but would like to meet Adam West. Also would like to have met Victor Buono and Burgess Meredith, but they were both gone before I was even born (I'm 14)
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Burgess Meredith would be top of my list of people to meet from this show. An incredible actor with an amazing career.
Gothamite

Post by Gothamite »

Of course : Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith, Joan Collins, Cliff Robertson, Maurice Evans ( For his role in Bewitched too ! ), Tallulah Bankhead, Julie Newmar, Otto Preminger, Eli Wallach and Roddy McDowall.

And for the Molls : Marilyn Hanold, Edy Williams, Sivi Aberg, Kathy Kersh.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I envy Scott because he got meet Neal Hefti. Scott, if you could share with us your meeting him, I for one would like that. I also would have liked to meet Nelson Riddle and Billy May.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether would be on top, of my list.
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

Frank Gorshin used to eat at a restaurant my parents liked in New Canaan, CT. They used to try and point him out to me but for somereason I was always looking the wrong way and never saw him. As it was, Until, I got the Batbook in 1986 I didn't really have anything worthy for him to sign. (and part of me wasn't sure how approachable he was then)
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I nearly had the opportunity to work with Frank Gorshin on some Chuck Jones Looney Tunes cartoons in the 90s when I was being considered for a few of the voices in what would have been my big break. Unfortunately they went with more familiar names.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Julie, Burgess, and Frank. Thankfully, back in the 80's I had the pleasure of meeting both Adam and Burt, separately, but still.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

having been lucky enough to meet ADAM & BURT numerous times..burt even gave me his # back in the late 80s so i could send him copy of video i recorded at a CON,,he was dating tracy at that time also..also met..FRANK GORSHIN...LEE MERIWETHER,,,YVONNE CRAIG. JOHN ASTIN..& JULIE NEWMAR...but i would love to have met...BURGESS,,,CAESAR...and with extra incentive RODDY MCDOWALL..since i was also a huge PLANT OF APES fan in the early 70s...and watched the series every fri nite,,,,,still do .ocassionally ..along with all 5 movies & the BATMAN VLU-RAY SET :) late 60s -mid 70s was a great time to be a kid when it came to entertainment
Mr Chronos

Post by Mr Chronos »

Kathy Kersh or Francine York!
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

For me it would have to be Victor Buono. Love to watch him as King Tut.
Having met Julie Newmar ( she was just soooooooooo friendly and sweet!), and meeting Adam West ( I wont go into that experience) Victor would be at the top of my list.
VintageMike

Post by VintageMike »

Cesar Romero & Burgess Merideth hands down. Right after that would have been Eli Wallach, who had a long enough life I'm sure I missed an opportunity at some point. Also regret missing Joan Collins a few years back because I just wasn't thinking at the time. I'm always looking for Batman & Star Trek cast , she was on both but somehow that slipped my mind when she made her appearance. On the other side of the coin I am glad I got Frank before he passed as well as Yvonne. Also on the "missed" front when they did the Batman comic con in NJ a few years back and they had a few of the Molls I didn't think anything of it and didn't get any autographs. Again, not sure what my mindset was. Luckily I've been able to get most of them other ways (at other shows or through their websites) but I believe Deanna Lund was at that show and I still don;t have her.