How would she know?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Hoos The Bat

How would she know?

Post by Hoos The Bat »

I am watching The Great Escape episode and got to thinking, how in the world would Batgirl know that Batman was trying to figure out what the Rock and Roll was? As it was Barbara in Gordon's office not Batgirl! Also how did Batman or Robin not catch that?
AndyFish

Re: How would she know?

Post by AndyFish »

Lazy writing is a hallmark of the third season.
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

There's a lot of instances where all parties involved could've easily put two and two together and figured out who's who. Like when they went to Londinium. Barbara Gordon makes the trip, then Batgirl mysteriously shows up? And what a coincidence - Bruce Wayne brought crates of stuff for his nephew Dick Grayson to study.

I agree, it is lazy writing; but for the most part, I can live with it, given the overall farcical bent to most of that third season.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Commodore Schmidlapp wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 pm Like when they went to Londinium. Barbara Gordon makes the trip, then Batgirl mysteriously shows up? And what a coincidence - Bruce Wayne brought crates of stuff for his nephew Dick Grayson to study.

I agree, it is lazy writing; but for the most part, I can live with it, given the overall farcical bent to most of that third season.
I like that whole exchange on the boat over about Dick's studies.