The Dark Knight (as a '66 two-parter)

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

elmrgraham

Re: The Dark Knight (as a '66 two-parter)

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Excellent.I am eventually looking for The Catwoman as Guest Villainess.The Siren too.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

elmrgraham wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:06 am Holy Excellent.I am eventually looking for The Catwoman as Guest Villainess.The Siren too.
The Joker's just not doing it for ya, eh? ;) A female lead definitely brings something else to the table.

Thanks for always reading through each of my posts, elmrgraham. It means a lot to me. ✌
- Boy Genius
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

The Joker is excellent too.So are The Catwoman,The Siren,The Penguin,The Riddler,etc.Excellent job.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

I haven't been feeling so great lately, and it's been a long while since I had something to share, but here's the next two parts to my story for those who've been waiting:

Part 6: The Fall of a Sparrow
https://brightknight66.wordpress.com/20 ... a-sparrow/
“Stand back citizens,” Batman warns. He spreads his arms out wide. “A man’s life may depend on your compliance!”

Proving Batman’s point, a group of colorful balloons begins to emerge over the tree line and drift toward the clearing where our heroes stand. A few of the balloons have popped, but the poor soul attached to them is still flying entirely at the mercy of Mother Nature.

“Robin,” Batman instructs with haste, “we’ll have to catch him with the Bat-net.”
And the next part is already up, too...

Part 7: Method in the Madness
https://brightknight66.wordpress.com/20 ... e-madness/
Slowly, patiently, the Radioactivator powers up. A muffled, monotonous hum vibrates through the laboratory as it comes to life. Like some weird mechanical heartbeat, a deep purple light pulses out of the Radioactivator’s chamber. The detectives gaze down into the little window, their faces dyed a royal hue.

“Adjust frequency to three-five-zero N-M,” Batman instructs.

“Three hundred and fifty nanometers, roger.”
Only one part left in "Episode One" after this and it's all written. I'm just going to edit it and then format it for the blog. Thanks to everyone who's reading along and I hope you enjoy!
- Boy Genius
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Excellent.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Poison Ivy would also make an excellent Guest Villainess.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

elmrgraham wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:44 am Poison Ivy would also make an excellent Guest Villainess.
Can't disagree with that! 8-) Thanks for reading, elmrgraham!
- Boy Genius
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

You are very welcome.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

So I know I said that after this next part the first "episode" would be over, but it was so long I just cut it in two. Either way, the whole thing will be done and online by the end of this week, so it's still OK, right?

Part 8 of 9: A Formal Affair...
https://brightknight66.wordpress.com/20 ... al-affair/
In their stead are two equally distinguished guests, though certainly of smaller bank accounts. Alfred greets the men and offers them both a beverage from his serving tray. Quite clever, the butler thinks, inviting these two to the banquet at the last minute. Wayne Manor is perhaps the most secure place in all of Gotham City. If the Joker intends to make good on his threat, he’s in for a smashing surprise. A surprise which, if Alfred dares to be so bold, he’s very much looking forward to.
Just one more to go! Thanks for reading along!
- Boy Genius
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Excellent.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

elmrgraham wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:53 pm Holy Excellent.
Thanks!

Here's the final part of the first episode:

Part 9: ...Ends In Despair!
https://brightknight66.wordpress.com/20 ... n-despair/
The Cowled Crimefighter cocks his arm for the knockout blow and –

SMASH!!

Heath charges shoulder-first into our hero like a derailed freight train. Batman is unceremoniously dragged several feet, a helpless rag doll in Heath’s clutches. The two careen into a buffet table and Batman finds himself trapped...
So that's the end of this first half. I haven't written the second half yet, but once it's done I'll shoot a link up here.

According to WordPress, almost 170 different people looked at the story almost 400 times! That's pretty neat. I've only shared it here with you Bat-fans. 8-) Thanks again to everyone who read through each part, but also to those who just clicked through to give it a quick look. I appreciate it.
- Boy Genius
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Excellent.