SPOILERS: Batman vs Two Face - Discussion thread

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatmiteReturns

Re: SPOILERS: Batman vs Two Face - Discussion thread

Post by BatmiteReturns »

why cant they use the 1966 batcycle design?
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:09 pm Look for both the 1939 and what might be the serial costume in glass cases in the Batcave,
Are there any other Easter Eggs like that I might have missed.

==jthree
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

I'd watch this again and probably several times unlike the first one which I would only watch again if I were held in a North Korean Prison and Cooking With The Imperial Leader was pre-empted by it.
[/quote]

I didn't think it was that bad, Andy. If you were actually held in a North Korean Prison, you and I might reconsider a great many things.

===jthree
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

TP-6597 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:15 pm Watched it today. I won’t put a ton of spoilers this early but figured this was a safe thread. Echoing the statements above, I think this one is better. This is what I’d hoped for with the first one. It’s very much in the vein of the first season of the show.
That is great to hear. Now, i'm really looking forward to watching this, after the first movie was such a disappointment.
I’ve never really understood how the TV show has became more famous for the silliness of the last season vs its mirroring of the comic books the first two seasons, with some episodes lifted directly from then-current issues.

The first animated movie seemed to have been written & marketed to speak to the modern perception of the original show instead of actually emulating the original show. This second one feels as though someone took notice of the discrepancy and made a conscious effort to correct it.
Well, you have to remember that for anyone who disliked the '66 series while it was on ABC, they used the worst elements to sell the idea that It was all like the low S2 points and all of S3. That perception continued into the syndication years, and was hammered once the 1989 Tim Burton film was released, where anti-1966 voices used Burton's vision as the contrast to surfing Batman, flying saucers, party store spiders, wind-up mice, Catwoman's goal of being the best dressed woman in Gotham and other embarrassing elements of the series, completely ignoring the more level, serious tone of the 1st season that turned Batman into a cultural phenomenon.

That's just one reason the series is viewed in that way, but its probably the best place to start.
This will be the one that I watch more often. Great performances all around, including Shatner. I get the feeling he understands the reality v perception of the TV show I mentioned above. He plays Dent the way Adam played Bruce Wayne. Well done, Mr Shatner. This could have easily been played over the top but he chose not to.
Good to read.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Some things I loved:
The sign at the abandoned sign company.
"Friends before females"
Lee Merriweather, nuff said.
Burt's Duel role is some fine acting.
The Bat slap meme comes to 66
"Look at the size of those balls" might be my new ring tone
The construction of the cowl is a little weird
Harvey's plan is two pronged, and he double crosses the bad guys.
Everybody dance! Alfred is the Best!
I really liked RotCC and it's meta approach, but BvT is better on every level.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

It was a pleasure as always to be back again as a guest on this week's episode of The Batcave Podcast - We sat down to talk all about the new "Batman Vs. Two-Face" movie.

You can listen via all of the usual podcast platforms, or find the episode directly here:
http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/5/7/e/57e859e ... 8bee998996

HoustonBatFan

Post by HoustonBatFan »

Star Trek is my other favorite show, so this was great because it had 3 Star Trek The Original Series actors! Not just Shatner, but Julie (“Eleen” in Friday’s Child) and Lee (“Losira” in That Which Survives). Amazing to have all these actors back after 50 years! And while I admit I thought there’d be more Star Trek in-jokes (I’m surprised the writers could resist with Shatner onboard), I did spot one subtle one. In the fight scene between Batman & Two-Face in the refinery, Two-Face brings Batman down with the ol’ “double-fisted club,” one of Captain Kirk’s signature fight moves! LOL, well done, James Tucker & crew!

Loved the movie. Many little things were wonderful, but right off the top my favorites were the nice role given to one of my favorite villains, King Tut, and seeing Batman & Robin “fly” when they’re trying to catch Harvey’s biplane.