The Eartha Kitt Catwoman was Talia Al Ghul

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatToys

The Eartha Kitt Catwoman was Talia Al Ghul

Post by BatToys »

In Dark Knight Rises, Talia Al Ghul's voice and accent is just like Eartha Kitt's. So backtracking, the Earth Kitt Catwoman was really Talia. It certainly makes her more interesting.
mattman

Re: The Eartha Kitt Catwoman was Talia Al Ghul

Post by mattman »

Don't know if you read any of my current conversation "If Batman wad on tv know, which villains would you create?" but I am after big ideas and have began a mock series as if the show was on now. I have made up two stories so far and love your idea that the Eartha Kitt Catwoman was Talia Ghul.
I think it's a superb notion and would love to use that idea perhaps.
Any suggestions for 2 part episode titles?
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

It certainly makes for a more interesting Talia than the one in the comics.

As for titles, how about: "The Demon's Daughter Seeks a Mate/She Meets her Cruel Fate"?
mattman

Post by mattman »

Like the title a lot.
Which now brings the next question, as you are Riddlersgurl , what are your thoughts on John Astin?
Should he have been another villain?
Or was he snow imposter?
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Well, he took a little bit of getting used to for me. I just kept seeing him as Gomez Addams in a Riddler suit.

But he had his qualities. True, he wasn't as hyper as Frank was (where'd he get the energy from?) but his Riddler was a lot more vicious, and more than capable of handling a physical confrontation due to his size. Frank, much as I adored his portrayal, was a little too much on the skinny side to really handle a fight (not unless he was going for weak spots like knees, noses, etc.)

As to him being another villain, sure, why not? But it would have to be a very different type of villain.

I recall an episode of the sitcom "The Charmings" where he actually played the Devil, who was out to seduce Lillian, Snow White's stepmother, and take her to hell. And he played it very well.