Batman Animator JAMES TUCKER's TOP 13 BATMAN '66 EPISODES

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dan Greenfield

Batman Animator JAMES TUCKER's TOP 13 BATMAN '66 EPISODES

Post by Dan Greenfield »

Hey, folks:

James Tucker, the supervising producer and co-writer of Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman vs. Two-Face, has put together his list of TOP 13 BATMAN '66 EPISODES.

Check it out at 13th Dimension:

https://13thdimension.com/james-tuckers ... -episodes/

Let us know if you agree or disagree!

-- Dan
cammy85

Re: Batman Animator JAMES TUCKER's TOP 13 BATMAN '66 EPISODES

Post by cammy85 »

Oh yes!! I followed these when they were first posted last year. Some really great pics too and from all seasons!!

Edit: I clicked the link and it's a different list on the same site... Oops!! But it starts with Shame's second entry so it's off to a good start!!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I love how authentic James' passion for the show is, i'm always happy to listen to/read his thoughts on the series. Thanks for putting this together, Dan!
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

James really is plugged in to the series, and he's a great writer, too, The Black Widow two-parter would never make my top 10 (or 13), but his hilarious descriptions of Miss Tallulah make me wish I liked those episodes better.
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

That's a really great write-up and I agree with many of his picks. I despised King Tut as a kid, too, but now appreciate Bouno's comedic flair. I now realize he was a great actor bringing a great character to life.
High C

Post by High C »

I probably would've chosen a word a little less strong than tawdry, but otherwise, I agreed with his take on The Siren. Tucker's line about 'much more vamp than camp' is quite apt. I think the only reason the character comes off as believable is the fact that Joan Collins didn't camp it up.

Even though he berated Joan, according to Adam, I'm glad George 'WaGGner' directed and not Oscar Rudolph. I suspect Joan's performance might have been more over the top had Rudolph helmed 'Wail.'
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Tucker's list....interesting, but I would only agree with 1 - 8, only rearranging the placement with "True or False Face" at 1 and "Better Luck Next Time" at 2.
Beneath Wayne Manor