Adam West animated

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jackbtripper

Adam West animated

Post by Jackbtripper »

Did Adam ever discuss his voice work on the early animated Batman cartoons? I’d be interested to hear about his voice choices. Sometimes it sounded very different from his Batman 66 voice.

I recently bought the Superpowers team season on Amazon digitally for 6.99. The show is beautifully animated and Adam got some great stuff in there. One episode in perticular dealt with the death of Bruce Wayne’s parents. The episode was really just a Batman and robin episode with Scarecrow as the villain. It gave Adam some great stuff to work with.

I Always wondered if he really took those cartoons seriously or was just “cashing the check” as he said sometimes.
Blue Meanie

Re: Adam West animated

Post by Blue Meanie »

I want to collect all the Adam West Batman cartoons on disc, so is there a complete list somewhere onlineI can refer to?

Cheers.
Jackbtripper

Post by Jackbtripper »

I would go by IMDb. The real ones are:
New Adventures of Batman (with Burt Ward as Robin)
Legendary superpowers team which is a season of superfriends
Super powers team (this is the one I was talking about with the crime alley episode)
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Thank you Jack.
Jackbtripper

Post by Jackbtripper »

I call those the real ones because he did play Batman on things like the Simpsons or played other Characters like Thomas Wayne on other shows.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Yeah, the "real" ones are what I'm interested in.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Also, I should add that I do have the two recent film with Burt Ward.
Jackbtripper

Post by Jackbtripper »

Yes, I too count those. I especially enjoyed Two Face. I was very happy to see Adam back in the cape and he animation is amazing.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Anyone know what the difference is, if any, between

and

The New Adventures of Batman Is 2 Discs and has a bonus feature titled The Dark Knight Revisited. The New Adventures of Batman / The New Adventures of Superman Is 4 Discs, but I’m not sure if it has the Dark Knight bonus content. Right now The New Adventures of Batman / The New Adventures of Superman Is a pre order and is a few dollars cheaper than The New Adventures of Batman 2 disc set.

I’m thinking The New Adventures of Batman / The New Adventures of Superman 4 disc set is a repackaging of the 2 disc Batman, just adding Superman. But, I’m not certain. Does anyone know?

Thanks.