Batmobile sighting!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Therin of Andor

Batmobile sighting!

Post by Therin of Andor »

On Facebook yesterday, someone was watching the (terrible) SF movie "Galaxina", infamous for its young star, Dorothy Stratton, being murdered by her husband three months before the premiere.

The TV Batmobile shows up! I had quite forgotten.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
bat-rss

Re: Batmobile sighting!

Post by bat-rss »

Yeah, I saw that FB post, too. I haven't seen the movie -- how on earth does the Batmobile fit into that film? Or is it the Futura redressed without bats?
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

I'm not enough of a Batmobile aficionado to say which car it is (or if it's a reproduction), but the still posted on Facebook looks much more like an "undressed" Batmobile than a modified Futura: It has the Batmobile's rear tubes, open cockpit, and (despite the crummy color quality of the still) its classic black-with-red-pinstriping color scheme. All that seems to be missing are the bat insignias on the doors and wheel hubs.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

The #1, during the flocked period, made a quick cameo in the western town in Galaxina (shudder!). The movie is pretty terrible, overall, but there are a handful of fun bits: the blue star/chorus running gag was probably my favorite.
Galaxina.jpg
Galaxina.jpg (39.2 KiB) Viewed 1784 times