66 interview in costume

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jackbtripper

66 interview in costume

Post by Jackbtripper »

I apologize if this has been posted before, I haven’t seen it before. A very cool and relaxed interview with our Batman and Joker in costume for the Bat Movie.
https://youtu.be/9tzruiHD6Zs
AndyFish

Re: 66 interview in costume

Post by AndyFish »

This is great! If I've seen it I don't remember it-- another example of what should have been extras on the set.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Andy is 100% correct. This should have been on the DVD extras. I never saw this before. Very cool!
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

The people responsible for creating the extras for the DVD set, in my opinion, really had no idea what collectors want. Remember, the screen tests and Batgirl promo weren't even originally announced, and likely added only after the initial backlash when the extras were first listed. Sets for Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes, Man From Uncle and countless other classic shows all included vintage material that was either unknown or major wants by fans. I think those charged with the Batman extras thought answering the long clamor for the show was enough (maybe proven by the carelessness of the edited episode and the lack of bumpers, both which had to be rectified by the mailing of corrected disc). I am 100% happy to have the complete set in bright, vivid, hi-res copies, but to this day am still disappointed in the lack of quality extras.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Really love these period interviews. Great to see Cesar and Adam having such a great time in midst of what was such a crazy year in both of their professional lives.
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

I agree that these would have been great extras on the blu-ray and DVD sets. As mentioned, I wasn't born when the show aired originally, so I love getting to see stuff like this that I missed out on. Thanks so much for posting.
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

I think that the Lone Ranger series set was another missed opportunity for prime extras. They gave me the episode of Lassie where Clayton Moore guest stars as the Lone Ranger, but not the actual treasury savings bond film it features. I would have loved to have seen some of the commercials he also filmed, both during the run of the show and afterwards.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Thanks for sharing!!! It's always great to see the behind the scenes stuff and to have them in costume and makeup is priceless!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info