Special guest villain!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

TBolt

Re: Special guest villain!

Post by TBolt »

I have in my head Charles Bronson for Deadshot, Joseph Wiseman Lord Death Man, Tor as the Mutant Gang Leader (I know not right timewise, but I still think DKR is really 66 Batman) he'd be the leader of a biker gang called the mutants. The more I think of Michael Dunn as the Dummy the more I like it. Heck bring Richard Keil along as his henchman.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

I could see Jonathan Winters, Alan Hale, Dawn Wells, Ricardo Montalban and John Saxon showing up, too.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

TBolt wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:15 am I have something in mind for Tor Johnson, too.
Batman: "Greetings, citizen!"
Tor:"Help, Batman! Tor stuck in window!"
:lol:
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
dell

Post by dell »

I never considered Dawn Wells. She could play evil pretty well in the dream sequences on Gilligan's Island. I think she could have played a pretty good villainess. What do you imagine her character would be?
dell
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Poison Ivy.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

dell wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:39 am I never considered Dawn Wells. She could play evil pretty well in the dream sequences on Gilligan's Island. I think she could have played a pretty good villainess. What do you imagine her character would be?
She could pull off the Farmer's Daughter (typecasting of course) character from the BTAS episode Critters, which was essentially a Batman 66 episode. Throw in Farmer Brown and some other yocals for henchmen.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Good dawn wells farm villainess idea, though I do diasaprove of the farm girl typecasting!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

TBolt wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:06 pm
dell wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:39 am I never considered Dawn Wells. She could play evil pretty well in the dream sequences on Gilligan's Island. I think she could have played a pretty good villainess. What do you imagine her character would be?
She could pull off the Farmer's Daughter (typecasting of course) character from the BTAS episode Critters, which was essentially a Batman 66 episode. Throw in Farmer Brown and some other yocals for henchmen.
Since there's no time constraints, that's a good idea. And you're right that episode is closer to a '66 one than others. I guess if she's as powerful as she was on the cartoon she could also capture Robin as she does in the show.

Add in some cheesy giant mantis prop for the cliffhanger.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

How about Mickey Rooney in a Chandell-like double role as Tweedledee and Tweedledum?

And while The Cavalier was a pretty lame villain, he'd have made a better role for Maurice Evans than the Puzzler.

I'd love to have seEn Don Knotts in a bat-guest role, but I think he'd have been more convincing as a Scarecrow *victim* than he would playing the villain himself. As one of Batman's creepiest foes, I think John Carradine (who'd recently played Herman Munster's boss) would have been great as old Jonathan Crane.
Dan E Kool

Post by Dan E Kool »

Interesting that so many of the names listed here were known for their comedic roles, whereas Dozier reportedly tried not to cast comedians for the special guest villains.
- Boy Genius
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Dan E Kool wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:04 am Interesting that so many of the names listed here were known for their comedic roles, whereas Dozier reportedly tried not to cast comedians for the special guest villains.
I've been about 50/50 on that. Tor Johnson, Montalban, John Saxon, Bronson, John Wayne were all non comedic personalities.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Also bring in Lyle Waggoner as an opposite number kind of villain. Either Catman or something original. Posing as a new crime fighter but really up to no good. Peter Deyell could be the sidekick for some inside fun stunt casting.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

elmrgraham wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:33 am Ann Margret as Poison Ivy...
I often wonder if this poster was put into an episode to help coerce her to consider...?

Gotham City Beach poster by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Jackbtripper wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:20 pm Yeah, 1966 Goldie Hawn would be a great Harley
Supposedly, the Harley Quinn we see in the bonus scene of "Batman vs Two-Face" was deliberately channeling Goldie Hawn.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
High C

Post by High C »

No offense to anyone intended, honestly, but it's amazing how the idea of Ann-Margret potentially being on the show has endured despite the fact she exclusively was doing movies in 1966-68. Moreover, unlike some movie stars of the era such as Kim Novak, Rod Steiger and even Frank Sinatra, there's not any anecdotal evidence she even was interested in the show. Not trying to be a wet blanket, just stating what was what at the time.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17