Hollywood Walk of Fame/Neil Hamilton

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rajung

Re: Hollywood Walk of Fame/Neil Hamilton

Post by rajung »

Carobey wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:04 pm I plan on visiting Hollywood on March 2nd. My trip is for going to see the 1966 Batman exhibit at the Hollywood Museum, Walk of Fame, Bronson Cave, and the Hollywood sign. Is there anything else I should see or go to while I am there? It might be the only time I get out there.
I have only been there 4 times, but ea. time I learn a little bit more. Just returned 4 weeks ago and still had a great time.
If you like tours, take the Universal Studios back lot and Warner Brothers.Sony, not so great.
I rented a car this time since it was just myself and son in law but only used UBER, much better due to parking fees when going to Universal or other adventure parks.
Prepare for being hounded on every corner, especially music CD offers, such as business card flippers in Vegas.
If GPS says 20 min to destination count on a Hr. or more. Best travel time 10 am until 2pm, before or after very busy with everyone testing out the horn.
Pinks hot dogs is a good place, and not over rated but can be from 15 min -45 min wait.
10 am is pretty slow if you like dogs for breakfast.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Carobey wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:05 pm Thanks for the info! I was going to try In n out burger but I think I will try Jerry’s famous deli. I was going to use Lyft. Which is cheaper and reliable?
A lot of people love In-n-Out burger, I don't want to dissuade you; just sharin' my opinion. At the time, years ago I preferred Jerry's. The former is a fast food (but reputed high quality) while the latter is more of a sit down restaurant.

For the number of times I've been there I'm drawing a blank on what to do. I think there's a place with giant size pancakes, maybe the Griddle Cafe, perhaps someone on here from LA can verify; these things were huge. I'm not a pancake person though.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I prefer Lyft over Uber. No real reason, just a persnickety preference.
In and Out burger is overated. Their fresh cut fries are a joke. Most of them are two inch long pieces. I prefer Mackburger. Right here in my home. But if you're not home, what can you do?
Music. BAT! Music.
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

In Out burger , yummy (fries are terrible though)