How many Batfights did the henchmen win?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

How many Batfights did the henchmen win?

Post by dell »

In almost every episode we get to watch a Batfight. In which episodes did the henchmen win the fight on their own? Specifically, I mean the villain didn't use a trick or something to help.
dell
cammy85

Re: How many Batfights did the henchmen win?

Post by cammy85 »

Hizzoner The Penguin involved only the G.O.O.Ns with Penguin showing up after they won and Ice Spy had them forcefully pushed into the Vaporizer. I think "A Piece Of The Action" goes the same way because they were pushed onto the Undetachable Glue Pad.
High C

Post by High C »

I'd give them half-credit for the Sandman fight. Sandman incapacitating Robin with his sleeping gas took him out of the fight, but the henchmen were able to subdue Batman without Robin participating for the dark side.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

The Penguin and his men got them to the fish hooks as well.
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

Not to hijack, but I always found it cheating when the subduing wasn't shown, as with the Minstrel or Archer. I long wondered if they were edited out in those cases and would be restored for the DVDs.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

More than I thought:

Give 'Em the Axe---overpowered Robin
Fine Finny Fiends---both overpowered
Batman feature---Bruce overpowered

The next three are close but are disqualified in my opinion:

--Hizzonner the Penguin---doesn't count, Robin is held as a hostage to get Batman to surrender
---The Sandman Cometh--doesn't count, Sandman uses trick powder on Robin
---Batman's Anniversary--doesn't count, Riddler rips Robin's respiratory away

The Joker's Last Laugh---Robin overpowered
A Piece of the Action---Glue pad almost feels like a trick but was just taking advantage of the situation during the fight
Pop Goes the Joker---same with putty Robin is knocked inot
The Foggiest Notion---Batman overpowered in bar fight
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

I have to disagree. A win is a win, period. Also, it doesn't make sense to "disqualify" the actions of a criminal. Of course they're going to fight dirty! Win any way you can!

robinboyblunderer wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:53 pm
The next three are close but are disqualified in my opinion:

--Hizzonner the Penguin---doesn't count, Robin is held as a hostage to get Batman to surrender
---The Sandman Cometh--doesn't count, Sandman uses trick powder on Robin
---Batman's Anniversary--doesn't count, Riddler rips Robin's respiratory away
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
robinboyblunderer

Lee Kirkham wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:41 pm I have to disagree. A win is a win, period. Also, it doesn't make sense to "disqualify" the actions of a criminal. Of course they're going to fight dirty! Win any way you can!

The original post said: Specifically, I mean the villain didn't use a trick or something to help.

That's why I didn't count the Sandman and the others since it wasn't them being overpowered. Being knocked into putty or forced into a glue pad doesn't feel like the same thing as being gassed or powdered or whatever.

:D Definitely one of the more serious topics on here...!
dell

Post by dell »

I would include a henchmen win if the villain fights, but doesn't use a trick. For example, Catwoman had fantastically inept henchmen and always had to use a trick to subdue Batman and Robin. She clawed them, she sprayed them with "perfume" and she shot them with her cat darts. I don't think her henchmen ever came close to winning on their own.
dell
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

In the second Mad Hatter, the henchman grab Robin when he reaches for the contaminated cowl and then manage to push the two of them into the fluoroscope chamber.
robinboyblunderer

Was that really a fight? They were jumped and dragged into the machine. Oh, I guess another fight similar to that but with an entire fight is the last Mr. Freeze episode.