Will Adam West be in the "Deaths of the Year" section of the Oscars?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Progress Pigment

Will Adam West be in the "Deaths of the Year" section of the Oscars?

Post by Progress Pigment »

He was an established film actor, and if Adam West is left out, it's a shame.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Yellow Oval

Re: Will Adam West be in the "Deaths of the Year" section of the Oscars?

Post by Yellow Oval »

It would be nice, but I doubt it as he was only TV (though with the 1966 film and some scant others he would qualify for big screen as well) and they have a habit of lionizing only the actual movie screen crowd. I could be wrong, but they did also ignore Farrah Fawcett who was a major force in mid-'70s Hollywood TV and did do some big screen (Logan's Run for one) as well. Personally, I won't know because I dropped watching these things years ago for a number of reasons.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
dell

Post by dell »

I'm in the same boat as Yellow Oval; it would be nice, but I won't be watching.
dell
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I assumed he would be but then, I don't watch them either!

No interest in watching a boring self-congratulatory event based on an industry filled with allegedly corrupt and evil people.

The few times I've seen the show was because of Oscar-party invites; socializing was fun but the parts of the show I saw were boring as heck.

Holy Rant!

cheers
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

robinboyblunderer wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:22 pm I assumed he would be but then, I don't watch them either!

No interest in watching a boring self-congratulatory event based on an industry filled with allegedly corrupt and evil people.

The few times I've seen the show was because of Oscar-party invites; socializing was fun but the parts of the show I saw were boring as heck.

Holy Rant!

cheers
This x1000
I wouldn't watch these if I got paid for it.
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

Ditto! I stopped years ago. can't stand most of them!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Definitely agree, with due respect to the late Mr West, it's not worth sitting through that interminable snoozefest on the off chance they'll honor him for a second or two.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Progress Pigment

In a few days it'll be on youtube.
twint9

Post by twint9 »

They snubbed him....Adam was in a number of movies, none of note but that together with his fame as Batman should have earned him a mention. Geez, they included Chuck Berry!
Progress Pigment

They gave it to Roger Moore, The English Adam West (From Adam's book :) ), but not Adam.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/oscars ... tman-star/
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I think they even honored Desmond Llewelyn ("Q") years ago. Lovely man, but to my knowledge he never appeared in an American film (?).

Roger was definitely more "high profile" than Adam, movie-wise, plus he had a part in one of the most (in)famous moments in Oscar history, so it kind of makes sense they'd include him. And I adored him, so I'm not going to quibble.

Thanks for watching so we didn't have to.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

So they snubbed Adam? Really, are any of us surprised that these sophisticated "legends in their own minds" would do this. Actually, considering how increasingly unpopular this event is becoming maybe Adam not being associated with it was for the best. Adam was from a time when Hollywood was valued and appreciated by America and the rest of the world. That time seems to be existing no longer. The 2018 broadcast suffered a 16% ratings drop Sunday night, and when added to the previous 2017 and 2016 broadcasts, there is a total drop of 28%! At this rate only 6 more years to go and that show will be off the air, period! Then again, one can have hope, can't they? 8-)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Lounge lizard

Post by Lounge lizard »

I think Adam would've received a huge cheer...
From the Daily Mail: http://dailym.ai/2FeH8a0
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

They do this every year. I remember them leaving of Leslie Nielson too. Oscars suck. Why leave anyone off? Didn't they just honor him in Hollywood with the Bat-Signal right after he passed away? Don't get it. No actor, actress, director or producer should be left off (Weinstein and OJ being the exceptions)
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Yellow Oval wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:25 am So they snubbed Adam? Really, are any of us surprised that these sophisticated "legends in their own minds" would do this. Actually, considering how increasingly unpopular this event is becoming maybe Adam not being associated with it was for the best. Adam was from a time when Hollywood was valued and appreciated by America and the rest of the world. That time seems to be existing no longer. The 2018 broadcast suffered a 16% ratings drop Sunday night, and when added to the previous 2017 and 2016 broadcasts, there is a total drop of 28%! At this rate only 6 more years to go and that show will be off the air, period! Then again, one can have hope, can't they? 8-)
Let’s hope that happens. Even my wife, who watched them every year in the past, no longer has any interest in these boring preach-fests.