Will Adam West be in the "Deaths of the Year" section of the Oscars?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Therin of Andor

Re: Will Adam West be in the "Deaths of the Year" section of the Oscars?

Post by Therin of Andor »

Progress Pigment wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:58 am Shots from the preview of Batman: The Movie (1966) have been used over & over by everyone! Unquestionably, it's public domain.
No, it's not. And the Oscars and Emmys make sure they do not get their royalties wrong.

A friend of mine was a dancer one Oscars Awards and it was featured in a commercial video, for which he still receives a few cents royalty every so often.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Will Adam West be in the "Deaths of the Year" section of the Oscars?

Post by Scott Sebring »

Therin of Andor wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:36 pm It also has to do with how easily a suitable image and/or footage is available, and if it has clearance from the copyright owner and the actor's estate. Several times, in recent years, I have had frantic emails from the producers of Australian TV's annual Logie Awards. The footage they sought was suddenly unobtainable in time, or of poor quality - could I suggest replacement footage? - and another time I had to send them an urgent high-resolution scan of an actress's "Showcast" photo, which they knew they had a clearance for. (It was a thrill to see it on the screen but, had I not supplied the pic, she would have been dropped from the "In Memorium" line-up due to tight pre-production schedules).
The film stock footage stuff has nothing to do with it. They simply dropped the ball on the telecast and added him on their official website afterwards. The has happened to many people including Glen Campbell whose most notable movie role was supporting John Wayne in the Duke's only Oscar winning performance "True Grit." No conspiracy, just dropped ball.