Remembering THE JOKER

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

greenhornet66

Remembering THE JOKER

Post by greenhornet66 »

Hey Bat fans, just wanted to pass along some info for all of you to remember. On Jan 1st, 1994, the Batman family lost one of it's best villians, The Joker. Mr. Cesar Romero passed away.
Dr. Shimel

Re: Remembering THE JOKER

Post by Dr. Shimel »

greenhornet66 wrote:Hey Bat fans, just wanted to pass along some info for all of you to remember. On Jan 1st, 1994, the Batman family lost one of it's best villians, The Joker. Mr. Cesar Romero passed away.
Exactly 12 years to the day that Victor Buono passed away at the far-too-young age of 42.
Shemp

Post by Shemp »

Jan. 1, 1922 - birthdate of Jerry Robinson, DC artist creator of The Joker.
WonderBoy

Post by WonderBoy »

Wow...how old was Buono when he played Tut? He must have been shockingly young. What a loss.

I've re-discovered this board while enjoying "Batman" on Me-tv.

I was five years old when the show made it's debut in January of '66. I honestly didn't know what all of the excitement was all about until I watched the show when it made it's debut. I remember my teen aged sister cracking up when Batman did the "Batusi". I was thrilled by the show. At the time, it was the most exciting thing I had ever seen in my life. I remember Adam West and Burt Ward doing local promos for "Batman" appearing on CH 7. In Boston, ABC was on CH 7...WNAC TV. They also did a milk/ice-cream promo for Hood. I've never seen the promo again. When "Batman" made it's fall debut, I was only allowed to watch the Thursday episode, as my sisters had dibbs on the set in our den, and they watched "Lost in Space" on Wednesday night. So, I only saw the 2nd part of the episodes for Season 2. Season 3 the show only aired on Thursday, so I was all set. I first saw "Batman" in color in 1968. My mother won an Admiral large television through a Boston radio station. The station called her as she was heading out to my grandmother's funeral.

Ah, looking at the series again on Me-TV makes this old guy feel like a kid again. Season one, is amazing. Funny, as a youngster, season 3 was my favorite. Now, I find some of those episodes difficult to sit through.

Of course, as a kid I was sad to see the show end. I had no idea - as a kid, that the show was rated poorly. I wonder what changes were in store for season 4? Was the budget to be reduced even further? Does anyone here know? Are there any production notes out there? I know "Lost is Space" was going to change dramatically had it run another season. I'm wondering if Batman would have also changed...