Lost British crossing safety spot found

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatMite

Re: Lost British crossing safety spot found

Post by BatMite »

Progress Pigment wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:53 am In his book, Adam mentioned that he filmed a spot because British kids were jumping from windows, trying to be 'Batman'. Has this ever surfaced?
Could this be a case of Adam remembering things incorrectly, and this is the film he was actually recalling?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BatMite wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:47 pm
Progress Pigment wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:53 am In his book, Adam mentioned that he filmed a spot because British kids were jumping from windows, trying to be 'Batman'. Has this ever surfaced?
Could this be a case of Adam remembering things incorrectly, and this is the film he was actually recalling?
This has certainly crossed my mind many times. Although there are plenty of British fans I have encountered online who supposedly recall the spot.
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

I have always thought the cowl from Return to the Batcave looked a little bit off. Looking at the one done in the PSA it looks to be the same style. The top of the cowl looks bowed out a little bit. I wasn't aware there were so many different ones used in the series. Anyone else knows this?

Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

This is so cool! 8-)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BatmiteReturns wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:15 am I have always thought the cowl from Return to the Batcave looked a little bit off. Looking at the one done in the PSA it looks to be the same style. The top of the cowl looks bowed out a little bit. I wasn't aware there were so many different ones used in the series. Anyone else knows this?

The cowl you're referring to in RTTBC is not a show-worn cowl, but a replica produced by our own Wally Wingert.
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:10 am
BatmiteReturns wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:15 am I have always thought the cowl from Return to the Batcave looked a little bit off. Looking at the one done in the PSA it looks to be the same style. The top of the cowl looks bowed out a little bit. I wasn't aware there were so many different ones used in the series. Anyone else knows this?

The cowl you're referring to in RTTBC is not a show-worn cowl, but a replica produced by our own Wally Wingert.
Yes, I understand that. I was here on the board back when the movie was being made and Wally was discussing it. I was curious why the cowl looked a little bit different than the actual one worn by Adam West. The top of the cowl is bowed out and is more snug at the neck than the one Adam wore. I just thought that it looked really similar to the one from the TV movie.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

In a related "pedestrian safety" theme, does the Riddler outrun his own question marks in this scene?
https://youtu.be/4UI59KJxh5E
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I would love some more details.
Without hijacking this thread, can anyone lead me to more info about who made all the costume pieces for RTTBC?
An old thread perhaps?